Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Walking / Re: Any Walker here?
« Last post by Tartufa on February 02, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »
This is a great walk and there are many options. You don't need to do all 3 days and you don't need to sleep in a tent! Day 1 is the best but it's all uphill. Day 2 is very scenic with two or three stops for commemorations - very moving. Day 3 is mostly downhill but on the road. Hundreds of people participate from all nationalities. If you have any queries you can email them direct - at least one or two of the organisers speak English if that helps. We'll be doing day 3 this year I think.
Walking / Re: Any Walker here?
« Last post by nil satis on January 30, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
Wasn't she the landlady of the Rovers Return  ;D

I would love to do this not sure this year but thanks Levi for this
Walking / Any Walker here?
« Last post by levissima on January 30, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
Other sports topics / Fancy acting in Italy
« Last post by Wheppy on January 21, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
 Local amateur drama group needs a foreigner to join the group. Ability to speak some  Italian....preferably badly needed. They put on am dram shows in the local villages. Due to commitments I am no longer able to continue. A friendly relaxed group and a great opportunity to join in locally. Based in the Pianella area. Once a week rehearsals for a couple of hrs. The ‘foreigner’ usually has to speak bad Italian with a distinct non Italian accent in order to be totally misunderstood...was an easy part for me! Pm me if you are interested and I am happy to accompany you to the first couple of rehearsals.
Walking / Assergi cable car
« Last post by Lui on December 20, 2018, 09:05:37 AM »
Does anybody know if the cable car from Assergi up to 'Mussolini's hotel' on Campo Imperatore is available for non skiers. Also is it operating between Christmas and new year. We have some visitors and they just want to get into some snow.
Walking / FREE download of a Sulmona walking tour by Stuart Haines
« Last post by Tartufa on September 10, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
Click on the link to download a FREE walking tour of Sulmona's Centro Storico by Stuart Haines. For a limited period only so hurry, hurry, hurry...
http://welcometosulmona.com/urban-trekking-around-sulmona/

Other sports topics / Yoga in Moscufo Pianella
« Last post by Wheppy on July 16, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »
There is a Tuesday pm class in this area. Fabulous setting. Great Italian teacher. Pm me if you want more info.
Other sports topics / Re: England in the World Cup!
« Last post by Rustychain on July 12, 2018, 12:56:23 PM »
That's very true; they did a lot better than anyone expected, including themselves!

I'm sure that their success will have lifted the mood in England, for a while at least.
Other sports topics / Re: England in the World Cup!
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 11, 2018, 11:18:55 PM »
Ahh well back to brexit, they did very well to get as far as they did!
Other sports topics / Re: Sea Fishing
« Last post by Rustychain on July 11, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
I've just seen this now & obviously it will be far too help to help 2Heads & his friend but I knew of somebody who went sea fishing from Pescara with one of the fishing boats. I'm not sure how he arranged it but if it was me I'd go & ask in the marina; somebody there would either take you out or know how to organise it.

Sorry for being a year late. And not even being too helpful then.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10