Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Cycling / Re: Giro D’Italia 2018
« Last post by Cassius on May 14, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
It isn't a political view. It's a humanitarian view.

You're absolutely right - however this is sport/big business and unfortunately things like human rights quite often take a back seat.  Should one boycott the World Cup this year - held in one of the most totalitarian regimes in the world?   I personally felt insulted by the Olympics being held in China - I was the only person I knew who felt like that.  Sadly money talks louder than most things and you either try and enjoy things or you ignore them, feel superior but miss out.  Hey .....
« Last post by shiny beast on May 14, 2018, 12:01:50 PM »
I watched the Tour de France in Chelmsford a few years ago  :)
:) :) :) :)
« Last post by nil satis on May 14, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
I watched the Tour de France in Chelmsford a few years ago  :)
« Last post by levissima on May 14, 2018, 09:34:40 AM »
You have to admit that starting the Giro D’Italia in any other country is a bit controversial, but then Australia took part in Eurovision.

Hope you all enjoy the next stage and for anyone who’s never seen it before, the cyclists whoosh past at amazing speed!
« Last post by shiny beast on May 14, 2018, 09:18:50 AM »
It isn't a political view. It's a humanitarian view.
« Last post by The Saint on May 14, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »
In my opinion, starting the Giro D'Italia in Jerusalem is like endorsing the atrocities perpetrated on the men, women and children of Palestine. I can't actually believe no one else cares about this.

I find it a shame when a happy, jolly, feel good discussion about a major sporting event happening in Abruzzo, has to be spoilt by someone's political views.

Anyway, I'm off to watch it in Penne on Tuesday 😊
« Last post by GeordieBorn on May 13, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
In my opinion, starting the Giro D'Italia in Jerusalem is like endorsing the atrocities perpetrated on the men, women and children of Palestine. I can't actually believe no one else cares about this.
Like you say Shiny “your opinion”, Palestinians are people as are Jews and their land is troubled enough without adding to their woes. I may well agree with what you say, but why would I assume others are so shallow as to not know these things…  :(
« Last post by shiny beast on May 13, 2018, 08:37:34 PM »
« Last post by Cassius on May 13, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »
Looked great on TV although pretty cold at the Grand Sasso itself.  Looking forward to watching the Grand Depart from Penne on Tuesday.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on May 13, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »
Well done for getting out to watch Rusty, glad to hear the weather was good, but more so that you enjoyed it! we did so a couple of years ago in Yorkshire and it was a great day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10