Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Something for your Sindaco
« Last post by levissima on Today at 07:21:33 PM »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GyPmORK-aVOD_7yRiaoYgh-isO4WQDCcJs8_Ju6rMpU/mobilebasic

If you are resident, Brits in Italy is asking you to give a copy of this document to your Sindaco. It outlines the Italian government stance on the rights of British Citizens after Brexit, deal or no deal.
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Looking for a long term rental
« Last post by pepone on Yesterday at 04:34:32 AM »
Hello, I saw your post now. Are you still searching? I rent a flat which offers all you want. Area is between Atri and Penne, very much space, near to the center of the village but not in the village and a fantastic view to the Gran Sasso.
General Discussion / Re: Plastering
« Last post by Lui on February 13, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »
I don't know where you are but I've bought plasterboard from  De Sanctis  builder's merchants in Controfino near Castiglione Messer Raimondo. They always seem to have it in and will deliver, for a price if you can't haul it yourself. PM me for directions if you're interested and don't know where I'm talking about.
« Last post by Relaxed on February 13, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »
You might find plasterboard in a timber merchant (rather than a builders' merchant) because it's a 'sheet material.

But (referring to Venatore's post) the tape and caulk solution works: what doesn't work is trying to use 'normal' Italian plaster on plasterboard. (Trust me!)

There may now be some very fine grained plasters on the market which are compatible with plasterboard, it shouldn't be rocket science, but the regular gypsum which we are familiar with in the UK I have never found.

I'm not knocking plasterboard at all, and it is bizarre that it hasn't caught on in Italy.
« Last post by Venatore on February 12, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
Cartongesso is the name for plasterboard here. If you donít plan to skim with a coat of plaster then another option is to use jointing tape and caulk. Itís is less skilled and can produce decent results with
 Patience and there are tutorials on YouTube which will help. Boards with tapered edges will help but nothing beats a good coat of plaster.
Maybe you could fit the boards yourself and get the plasterer in to skim at the end.
Best of luck.
V.
« Last post by Brush Strokes on February 12, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »
It's a number of years since I last bought some plasterboard sheets, but I got mine from the local builders merchants. I recall the likes of Leroy Merlin selling them, but much smaller sheets than the builders merchants and not such good value for money. I also remember most of the sheets for sale at Leroy Merlin had all the corners damaged too.

When I bought mine, the builders merchants didn't have enough in stock, think I needed about 80 or so sheets, so they had to order some more in, but it wasn't a problem. Plasterboard doesn't seem to be as popular here as it is in the UK, not yet anyway.

Good luck
General Discussion / Plastering
« Last post by iamthedoctor on February 12, 2019, 01:14:22 PM »
I am converting the upstairs attic into bedrooms, I have all necessary permissions. I have just received a very high quote for plastering, I am considering doing this myself with plasterboard , has anybody had any experience doing it this way ? Also any idea where I could get the materials from? Not seen it at usual places brico etc.Thanks
Running a business in Italy / Re: Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by levissima on February 11, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
Thatís the trouble with rules here in italy, by interpretation they can mean both yes and no!😂
Running a business in Italy / Re: Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by Tartufa on February 11, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
As usual things here are as clear as mud. No sooner had I posted this than I got a call from my contacts at Sintab saying that the local ASL here have not yet properly understood the new rules and best not to promise anything 'fresh'.  If you do want advice and help then get in touch with Sintab but it seems not to be quite as exciting as we had thought.  Sorry...
Running a business in Italy / Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by Tartufa on February 11, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Posted on behalf of our friends at Sintab srl in Sulmona:

Finally good news for Abruzzese B&B owners!
Time is up for those plastic-wrapped croissants - you can finally serve your guests a delicious fresh breakfast thanks to the new regional law DGR n.1060 released on December 31, 2018, Art. 6, Reg CE n. 82/2004.

We would be happy to support you through the presentation of the NIAS and in the implementation of the Haccp (food safety) procedures. Get in touch at sicurezza@sintab.it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10