Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Earthquake
« Last post by levissima on August 18, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »
They were the days before profit was king.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 18, 2018, 10:57:20 AM »
Very true and no dodgy cement around in those days.
« Last post by popinjaykev on August 18, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
This sort of sums it up Geordie born
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 17, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
The very road that came to mind when this last (and there have been a few) tragic event occurred ...
General Discussion / Bridges
« Last post by popinjaykev on August 17, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »
Now I am not certain how 'real' this photo is but I was told this is under the A24 at Assergi ...... If it is true then It is seriously worrying
« Last post by Lui on August 17, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
Sorry, forgot to attach photo.
« Last post by Lui on August 17, 2018, 05:33:36 PM »
Darned right it doesn't look good. This is the image used in the article and frankly I'm delighted that the bridge is to be shut. Having seen that it would scare the crap out of me to use it. The article you posted ends with this quote form El Presidente;  "Monitoring the bridges, through techno-scientific supports", declared the president of the Province, Mario Pupillo, at the end of a press conference, "has always been a precise strategic choice, not tied to current emotions or psychoses". Yeah sure! I always knew that the infrastructure here was 'fragile' but had no idea just how bad it had become. Annual investment in infrastructure has fallen from 14 billion in 2008 to 4 billion in 2017. I foresee a lot more bridges being shut over the next few weeks. Whether anything will be done to them before they reopen is in the lap of the gods.
« Last post by levissima on August 17, 2018, 04:34:05 PM »
« Last post by Cheryl on August 17, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »
We are housitting inland vasto and felt them strongly. Having been in the vicinity of the ones two years ago, the ones last night felt so much stronger even though they weren't as strong. Maybe because they were shallower. Struggled to keep my balance whilst running down the stairs. Have to say stood in middle of garden for quite a while then spent the night by the door with worldly goods at my side.
« Last post by rsetzer99 on August 17, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
They are going to be hyper sensitive about the bridges at this point. We are in the southern part of Chieti and the area of Gissi, Casalaguida, Capineto Sinello felt it strongly. Friends in Carpineto said it knocked the power out. We were in Atessa about 15 KM north and outside at a festa and did not feel it. For us, the big concern was the torrential downpour yesterday that sent cascades of mud from the recently harvested hills into the roads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10