Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Weather warningnnth
« Last post by Relaxed on Yesterday at 11:34:40 PM »
It must have been a big one - the 'road conditions' spot on the radio was telling me that the coast motorway in l'Abruzzo was in difficulties because of 'a temporale'.
Stay safe, and bolt down the garden furniture!
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 09:14:15 PM »
... and the forecast indicates it's not over yet!
« Last post by Cheryl on Yesterday at 08:17:38 PM »
Omg this has been one of the worst storms I have ever experienced, and I have had a few. Thought we had been hit twice, we are inland from Vasto.
Walking / Re: Sulmona Valley Walks by Stuart Haines
« Last post by Tartufa on Yesterday at 08:10:12 AM »
I should have added for those not already in the know that Stuart Haines is the author of the book Walking in Abruzzo. The second edition of his book is due out shortly.
Extreme weather warnings / Weather warning
« Last post by levissima on June 21, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
Torrential rain and thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow, time to close the sun umbrellas and open the other sort!
Walking / Re: Sulmona Valley Walks by Stuart Haines
« Last post by Cassius on June 21, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
Wow - thanks for that - what a great resource - I hope we'll be able to attempt a couple soon.
Walking / Sulmona Valley Walks by Stuart Haines
« Last post by Tartufa on June 21, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
Excellent news for all you walkers! Stuart Haines' new website is well on its way to completion. You can now download the first 10 walks directly and get planning for a wonderful season of outdoor activity. 'Like' the Facebook page to keep up-to-date with progress and news. http://www.sulmonavalleywalks.com

Flights / Re: Ryanair delays
« Last post by Rustychain on June 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
Being terribly cynical about it...

That's one way of putting it.  ;D
« Last post by Lui on June 19, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
My brother waited hours for his case at Stansted 2 weeks ago as well. Being terribly cynical about it is it a ploy to get passengers to spend that little extra for 'Priority' and therefore have their bag with them on the plane??? Just thinking this as I read a report last month that said that most of Ryanair's profits come from the little extras and that they make almost nothing out of the basic flight price.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on June 19, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Don’t really know what the reason is but we encountered delays with both the baggage and flight at Stansted. Going into the UK we used to never encounter any delay getting our bags on the rare occasion we did so. This time it was nowhere near as bad as 4 hours, but longer that we’ve ever had. Someone did say that there was a shortage of baggage handlers at Stansted. I’m not too sure this is not linked to Ryanair now having more hold luggage and/or the ongoing work at Stansted. I was never too sure the new baggage policy would work as planned and am still not convinced. Saying that we’ve found it to be good in the one respect of not having to lug up two cabin cases on and off the plane. The downside is definitely the risk of delay, especially at Stansted. I think any flight delay compounds the risk of luggage delay as they miss their “slot” and have to be squeezed in somewhere. Our last flight into PSR was 6th June and it was an hour or so late, reason stated was the weather (thunderstorm). Looking at limited flight arrivals in the last few days, most flights have been late. Our next flight to the UK will likely be priority to avoid any Stansted delay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10