Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Earthquake
« Last post by Cheryl on Today at 12:10:58 PM »
We are housitting inland vasto and felt them strongly. Having been in the vicinity of the ones two years ago, the ones last night felt so much stronger even though they weren't as strong. Maybe because they were shallower. Struggled to keep my balance whilst running down the stairs. Have to say stood in middle of garden for quite a while then spent the night by the door with worldly goods at my side.
« Last post by rsetzer99 on Today at 12:05:43 PM »
They are going to be hyper sensitive about the bridges at this point. We are in the southern part of Chieti and the area of Gissi, Casalaguida, Capineto Sinello felt it strongly. Friends in Carpineto said it knocked the power out. We were in Atessa about 15 KM north and outside at a festa and did not feel it. For us, the big concern was the torrential downpour yesterday that sent cascades of mud from the recently harvested hills into the roads.
« Last post by levissima on Today at 10:57:19 AM »
I’ve heard that the authorities are a bit worried and may be closing road bridges in the area of the swarm. Let’s hope it all settles done again soon.

Stay safe everyone
« Last post by SuperRam on Today at 10:11:36 AM »
At 12.48pm on Tuesday night we were shaken out of bed here in Bocca di Valle, Guardiagrele by a 4.6 quake in the same area of Molise. The 5.1 quake last night was, for us, stronger and lasted longer than those further north two years ago and caused us to start to move towards a ‘safe place’. Later, at 10.22 pm we were again shaken by a 4.4 magnitude quake. There have been about 22 aftershocks recorded since the 5.1 quake at 8.20pm. Most of these we haven’t felt here, but some we have. Let’s hope there won’t be an ongoing ‘swarm’ of quakes as there’s was before up north and that the consequences remain relatively minor.
Hope everyone remains safe and well.
General Discussion / Earthquake
« Last post by popinjaykev on Yesterday at 10:02:50 PM »
This appears to have been felt over quite an extensive area - I have read that people as far over as L'Aquila felt it and even in Bosnia. So far no one reporting any damage as far as I can see . Very weak in Northern Abruzzo .
« Last post by 2Heads on Yesterday at 09:10:07 PM »
Yes, felt it here - although not too strong at all.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 09:01:02 PM »
Yep, apparently felt quite far north at least up to Ancona. Do hope it is not more problems for the country and no one is hurt.
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 08:59:34 PM »
Yes, I felt it and needed to go to the bar for a fortifying G&T!

Half of Montefino is out in the piazza, standing really nice and close to the damaged church tower, which hasn’t fallen down, yet!
General Discussion / Earthquake
« Last post by Lui on Yesterday at 08:41:26 PM »
Did anyone else feel the earthquake at 8.20, just 15 minutes ago? The swaying went on for some time here in Castiglione M.R. According to EMSC it was magnitude 5 in Molise.
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Re: Bridge collapse
« Last post by Cassius on August 15, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
Deeply saddened by this awful tragedy. 

Condolences to all concerned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10