Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Snow shovels to the ready!
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 11:57:49 PM »
We have about 1/2 a centimetre now, roads still clear and wet but my gate had frozen shut. Both bars closed early. They’re not going to be caught out again!
« Last post by Venatore on Yesterday at 11:25:22 PM »
Should have said Pettorano
V.
« Last post by Venatore on Yesterday at 11:20:03 PM »
Snowed all day and predicted -20! Tuesday night.
Brrr!
V.
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 06:04:12 PM »
Still no sign of the white stuff. I have a very upset son who may have to go to school tomorrow! Can you take your dog out Levi  ;D ;)
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 02:58:59 PM »
Nothing here either, the drizzle got a bit “ floaty” at one point but it’s back to damp and dismal now.

I expect it’ll hold off till I’m out with the dogs at maximum distance from home 😜
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 01:17:37 PM »
Not yet. It's still somewhere between damp & drizzling, but it's coming down as rain, not snow.

The next couple of days when it's forecast to be VERY cold, the forecast is for 'light' or 'moderate' snowfall so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 01:09:04 PM »
Anyone have any snow yet? Nothing in Palombaro/Casoli yet
« Last post by Brush Strokes on February 24, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
Two of my children go to school in Citta Sant' Angelo, near Pescara and the school (or Mayor) decided on Friday morning to close Monday and Tuesday at least. It is quite refreshing for someone to make an early decision as it takes out the guess work on Monday morning should I, shouldn't take the kids to school.

My daughter's university at Pescara is also closed on Monday, the day she had an exam too. So everyone in my household is happy and they can all have a relaxing weekend.  ::)

As my old neighbour used to say "Do buckle up everyone"!  :)

« Last post by Rustychain on February 23, 2018, 10:18:37 PM »
We've basically been living inside a cloud for the last 10 days; even during the (rare) moments when it hasn't actually been raining it's been grey / cloudy / foggy & everything's been dripping & sodden. "Lawn" waterlogged. Rivers swollen. More to come. Then of course we're threatened with some properly low temperatures (-13C on Monday night is the latest).

We don't bother with 'stocking up' but might fill a few receptacles with water if it's going to get that cold as the water supply may well not be robust enough for those temps. The current outlook seems to be that we might get 3 icy / snowy days then back to mild / wet.

Batten down the hatches & good luck everyone!
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 23, 2018, 05:21:18 PM »
... ticks are all there except your wellies if you are really planning on using that snow shovel. Orders some wood today and the guy laughed and said "neve". He looked a little shocked when I said yes next week. Amazing service, he followed us back from shopping in the truck with our pallet of wood. Okay not the best of wood, but we have found that's been the case the last few years. Hope this forecast is wrong as there is no sunshine showing on there until a week on Saturday ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10