Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Hello from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Today at 09:09:26 PM »
We do the opposite to Pamela as we tend to be here most of the time so do not go to Stansted by car as it would be there for months... That being the case we use the train hence the post. What we have found is that it's much quicker from our location to either get a lift or taxi to Wakefield/Leeds i.e. straight to the eastcoast line rather than use local trains. Still it is a long journey and the alternatives we have used e.g. via Rome to Manchester is no quicker. But either way it is still well worth the effort ;D
« Last post by malifax on Today at 08:57:01 PM »
Hi yes its seems the road to Stansted is going to be a busy one for us until a northern hub is opened.
« Last post by PJM on Yesterday at 03:36:50 AM »
Welcome from Pamela from Addingham near Ilkley Yorkshire ..lived in Bingley for 20 years ..house in Capestrano .Done many different flights over the years but now usually drive to Stansted and flight to Pescara, fly on Sunday's the road journey is easy and quite. Sometimes do the flight from the North UK  to Rome but the drive is a pain, but if we do we avoid the week days and travel at the weekends when the roads are quieter.
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Into Gessopalena
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 20, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »
Good choice, great place Gessopalena. Lots of life even in the winter months. In the summer the piazza has a buzzing atmosphere with a good selection of bars. Good transport links to other local towns and easy access to Casoli.

Enjoy it and welcome to Abruzzo and this forum  :)
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Relocating
« Last post by dolcevita on February 19, 2018, 10:57:48 AM »
Can I ask why you want to move to Italy in particular? Do you have a family connection? Or just love the weather?

I like Italy but I sort of live in a bubble while I am there as that is what I prefer  ;). I love to garden and bird watch in the mountains and am looking to getting involved with local bird groups if I was there for longer periods. I am a great animal lover and have got involved with helping local stray dogs :'( too and I have some Italian and English friends I visit.

My own experience of small town Italy is not hugely positive and I dont think its only me! listening to Bruno Tonioli on Desert Island Disks recently and he shared my feelings. And he is Italian!!! It is hugely positive for the Italians who live there so much so that they do not ever seem to want to leave.

I have recently been pet sitting in Stoke Newington and although I normally live in the wilds of Cornwall and like it I love doing short stints in the middle of London for the vibrancy and life there. I think a town would be better and I like Pescara or Pineto as well as Chieti
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Into Gessopalena
« Last post by dolcevita on February 19, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
Did you know why your village got its name ?

Because of the mining of gesso which is a mineral still used in plaster and to prepare artists canvas! You will probably have seen the sort of dirty grey coloured crystals in the land around the village,
« Last post by malifax on February 18, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »
Hi yes that's the plan we over to sign for the property in May then renovate with a view to getting over to retire there in about 5-7 years
« Last post by Clive Oldfield on February 18, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
Welcome from a fellow Hebden Bridger  ;D Are you planning to move here permanently like us?
« Last post by malifax on February 18, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »
Hi there, I am from Hebden Bridge and still live in the Calder Valley me and Julie are in the process of buying a house in Gessopalena.
Hello, I'm ..... / Into Gessopalena
« Last post by malifax on February 18, 2018, 12:04:39 PM »
Hi Julie and I (Malcolm) are getting a property in Gesso in May.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10