Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flights / Re: Ryanair delays
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 07:21:22 PM »
Another delay on the cards tonight as we have family arriving and current departure estimate is 1 hour 40 minutes late! Although we were text about this an hour and a half ago I've checked Stansted, RyanAir, Abruzzo airport and flightstats sites AND they all still show the flight is on time. So don't go by any of these if going to pick anyone up, some real time data!
Flights / Re: Ryanair flights 25/26 July
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 07:16:31 PM »
From what I've read the Italy strike is only for the 25th.
Flights / Ryanair flights 25/26 July
« Last post by levissima on July 19, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
There are planned strikes by Ryanair employees and Ryanair has cancelled 600 flights. Some flights to/ from Italy could be affected. Best to keep an eye on whatís happening if youíre travelling around these dates
Flights / Re: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Last post by iggle piggle on July 06, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
I travelled back from Stansted on Wednesday evening and ended up with a 5 hour delay.  Many of the flights leaving Stansted were delayed but the Pescara flight was the worst.

If you have problems with delays/cancellations, depending on the reasons, you can claim compensation (which I'm doing).  A nice Italian chap at the gate told me about an excellent website which gives you clear information and you can make your claim through the website and it goes directly to Ryanair.  It seems to include every possible scenario and tells you what you are legally entitled to.  The pre-written letter (which it creates depending on your circumstances and which you can amend) includes all the legal stuff.
The website is: resolver.co.uk

Obviously I won't hold my breath about when I will see my money!
Flights / Re: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 05, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
Thanks, first we had heard of the problem.
Flights / RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Last post by SuperRam on July 05, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ryanair-unions/ryanair-cabin-crew-in-four-countries-to-strike-idUSKBN1JU1XV?il=0

Link to one of just many articles about possible disruption to RyanAir summer flights in four countries, including Italy.

Just posted for information and to enable contingency planning if this does look likely.
« Last post by levissima on June 23, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Andy n Kate. I wish you a safe journey and a pleasant stay. Is it a holiday? Or something more permanent?
« Last post by GeordieBorn on June 23, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »
Welcome Andy & Kate!
Iím always one of the first to slag off RyanAir as they are simply deceitful, but I always come back to thinking we paid more for one family return flight to Greece 30 or more years ago that we pay now for two of us to visit the UK and back with RA. Rome would be fine if it was a holiday home here (using carhire) or just a few days/weeks trip (with parking). However for longer spells it would not work for us.
« Last post by Andy n Kate on June 23, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
This happened to us. Over an hour to wait for bags at Stanstead and yes, Ryanair want you to pay the extra. They also made me pay for the pleasure of siting next to each other because we waited for the free check in. My response is to never fly with them again. It is just as quick for us to fly to Rome and drive across.
Driving from Jersey in 2 weeks time to Colonella TE. Can't wait.
Andy n Kate
« Last post by Rustychain on June 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
Being terribly cynical about it...

That's one way of putting it.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10