Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Motoring / Re: Motorway tolls
« Last post by old timer on January 13, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
I read in El centro today that the road hauliers are having a protest in L'Aquila today with sindaco leading it apparently the rise is 12.89% for A24/A25  which is a lot.
« Last post by Brush Strokes on January 13, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
I can't pretend to know the toll prices to get to the bright lights of Milan and Rome, but Pescara Nord to Teramo (Giulianova) is €2.20!  :)
« Last post by Tartufa on January 12, 2018, 08:42:07 PM »
It is specifically the 'Strada dei Parchi' (Rome to Pescara A24 / A25) which is relatively high.  I remember reading something which suggested that it is subsidising the National Parks in some way. Boh.
« Last post by old timer on January 12, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
The M6 toll road is 43km and costs £5.90 about 6.66 euro. A coffee along there (if you can call it coffee) will cost at least £2.30 . Pescara to  Milan is about 520km and costs about 4.40 euro on uk prices that would equate to about 80 euro. Considering the trafic I know which I would prefer to be driving on and it is not UK.
One Christmas we were in Scotland. Going from worthing to Dunbar (near Edinburgh ) we left a 6 o'clock and we're in Dunbar for 14.30 having stipend for breakfast,  coffee and lunch. Returning because of road closure due to accidents. The weather was dry and sunny. To us 10.5 hours.
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on January 12, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
Also an espresso can be over a Euro,and not the traditional 90 cents.  But once in the UK you are reminded that there isn't too much to complain about on this front.
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on January 11, 2018, 10:53:17 PM »
I haven't done that drive for ages but was told it had gone up a lot. Pescara Nord to the end of the A1 near Milano was around €40 last time we went, then there are 2 small ones around Milano. A bloody rip off if you ask me  >:(

Last week the same was 40.80, before Christmas it was about 0.40 less.
The little bits near Milano had increased by some 20-30 cents a time (much higher percentage for a smaller charge)

This is nothing compared to the increase in fuel, pays to shop around.  We fill up at Pescara Nord (newish place with car wash next door), currently an Esso near Bologne comes up cheapest and then that is enough to get us to Luxembourg.
Flights / Re: Ryanair’s New Carry-On Bag Policy from 15th Jan 18
« Last post by nil satis on January 11, 2018, 03:21:51 PM »
i saw this yesterday and initially thought what a cheek, but actually its not so bad and it might mean flights get off on time rather than have people scrambling to find luggage space. But one tip and note to self, do not leave your passport in the bag that goes in the hold :)
Flights / Ryanair’s New Carry-On Bag Policy from 15th Jan 18
« Last post by GeordieBorn on January 11, 2018, 03:14:21 PM »
Another attempt to woo passengers by Ryanair - link here ::)
Motoring / Re: Driving To Italy
« Last post by La Vigna on January 11, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
Just driving down from Switzerland to Abruzzo and instead of our usual good value hotel in Bologna, saw an amazing deal in Rimini (booking.com) €29 bed and breakfast for two, sea view balcony room, four star hotel diplomat palace. Was really nice. Obviously out of season but still, great value. We came via Brig this time using the Simplon car train tunnel 22CHF which was a blessing as all the passes were shut because of snow.
« Last post by Rustychain on January 10, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
I can't get excited about it.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10