Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TV / Re: TV problem
« Last post by Woody on December 12, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »
Thanks for all your comments. We are back in the uk now so will ask around the neighbours when we are next in Casoli. We did wonder if strong winds had altered the signal to the ariel. We had an inspection but couldn't see anything obvious. We will have another re-tune the next time. Who knows the channels might miraculously be restored again!! If not we will have to look into alternatives. We don't really want to spend massive amounts as we are only there for holidays. Maybe we will have to if we ever want to watch Berlusconi TV again!! :D
« Last post by Larfalot on December 11, 2018, 09:50:41 PM »

I suggest they ignore the post looking at the time it was made!
Good friends of our use an inside aerial and have said they are getting very good reception, can't really see it being a problem using one as many places sell "Digitale Terrestre" decoders.

:P :P
« Last post by old timer on December 11, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »
Hi Woody, have you asked your neighbours what they getting. We use both terrestrial and satellite. But quite often we have to readjust the terrestrial aerial and often the satellite which due to the wind they have been moved slightly. It doesn't take a lot of movement for you only get the strongest programs expecially with the satellite. Were we are is very windy. Good luck.
« Last post by Relaxed on December 11, 2018, 01:30:31 AM »
Okay Geordie -  good spot, I accept that I came across as a bit rude - sorry.
But honestly if Woody finds himself getting only a few Rai channels, and is depending on digi terrestial, then that's all which is on offer. I really have no idea why the channels have reduced (but it's going to be about money, innit!)
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 10, 2018, 11:00:22 PM »
Hi
I'm no expert but have you thought about getting a satellite dish installed and then buying a cheap box for example tivusat?
It all depends on what you want to watch and how much you want to spend
T
I also would have thought this is an alternative, but have no idea how much a dish would be or how you would set it up.
« Last post by rometony on December 10, 2018, 10:51:55 PM »
Hi
I'm no expert but have you thought about getting a satellite dish installed and then buying a cheap box for example tivusat?
It all depends on what you want to watch and how much you want to spend
T
« Last post by Woody on December 10, 2018, 10:25:54 PM »
Thanks we will try one of those.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 10, 2018, 07:24:34 PM »
I suggest they ignore the post looking at the time it was made!
Good friends of our use an inside aerial and have said they are getting very good reception, can't really see it being a problem using one as many places sell "Digitale Terrestre" decoders.
« Last post by Larfalot on December 10, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
So what do you suggest they do to change this situation then?
« Last post by Relaxed on December 10, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
Sorry, mate, but ... you only have an aerial.
That's really not going to work however 'smart' a TV you have.
I'm sorry that you have lost a lot of channels (did you ever watch them?).
I can see that it is a pisser if you strangely bought into the idea that a smart TV would solve all your problems.
I don't want to appear cynical, or unsympathetic, but accessing the channels which you want to watch is a complete minefield even with a stable internet connection - via a mobile operator, or a landline adsl, or a WLAN.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10