Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Information about the forum / Re: Keep going or close?
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 11:01:48 PM »
Another great post supporting the forum, which is superb.
A chance to help it along (spat or not), inoniente I've not read these support Brexit posts, would you like to shoot me down and correct me - spat (in the "best possible taste" of course). Excluding GR however as he does not count :D only joking GR, I know you will learn ;D
« Last post by inoniente on Yesterday at 06:13:24 PM »
I am still classed as a newbie although I have been following the forum for years, an indication of how much I get out of it, while contributing nothing. I would hate to see it wind up .. it is my first port-of-call when I have a problem, from plumbing to politics. I don't like the spats, and have found in particular, the support for Brexit within the forum both surprising and dispiriting. Those of us who love Abruzzo and are at one with those who inhabit it (even part-time) would surely miss the forum very badly. Greater support for Levissima is the best option. 
« Last post by nil satis on January 17, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
I agree with Fluffchops  :) :) now there's one for the teenagers and newbies
« Last post by 1215robbo on January 17, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
we have been following abruzzolutely   forum for many years back when we thought we would be living in Italy but we lost all our money and the courts have been no help at all we still come out to Rosetta each year when we can. we still wish we were living out there but cant afforded it now.we still look up the forum most weeks and follow the story's.we don't like face book find it intrusive.hope you keep going.joan       
« Last post by popinjaykev on January 16, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »
Apologies, I am also guilty of forum dipping, Strangely enough I was talking to a Canadian lady this evening about this forum and she had no idea it existed. I think all of us have had great advice passed on by so many members but it is also down to each of us to promote the forum and its services to others.

At the end of the day 'Levi' you have done us all an amazing service in keeping this going for so long, it must be really tiring but it would also be very sad to see it disappear. Thank you  ;)     
« Last post by Cassius on January 16, 2018, 08:59:51 PM »
A row is one of those things - you don't want to stare, you know it's not nice to stare, but you just can't help at the very least a peak!
« Last post by Relaxed on January 16, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »
The fact that Abruzzolutely is a 'traditional format' forum, which you can search easily, and find information posted many years ago, makes it much more useful than a Facebook group (or I think this is true, I've never tried searching a Facebook group!)
(Of course, given the speed with which Italian rules change, this can be dangerous if you come upon outdated info, so you need to be careful. But I used it just the other day to find contact info for Superman, and I wasn't even logged in.)

I'm fascinated by a few posters saying they like to have a look in if they are following feisty arguments. I'm completely convinced that a nice ongoing row is the biggest draw for any forum!

Anyway, it's up to Levi, because it's certainly her (and Dave's) creation, and if she feels that more 'modern' versions of social media have rather overtaken the forum format - or believes that the potential audience is diminishing because of fewer new people arriving in Abruzzo - then I don't think anyone is going to criticise her for pulling the plug.
« Last post by SALCIM on January 15, 2018, 11:45:22 AM »
I'm with many others on this - I'd really like it to continue, but do understand that it is a lot of work and expense for Levi. Our intention is to move to our house next year, so we'll then be "newbies" in the area and would value the forum. We don't contribute much but do regularly visit and glean much good information form the various posts. So, you can Levi, please keep it going!
« Last post by Sunshine on January 12, 2018, 01:18:19 AM »
Hi Levi and all

Like some of the other members, we have had a house in Abruzzo for a few years, but still live most of the time in the UK.

The forum has been extremely useful on the few occasions that iíve asked for help. The rest of the time it has been a great place to pick up more information via everyone elseís posts.

Hopefully you will decide to keep it going, but I would understand if it stopped. I am very appreciative of the work, time and cost that goes into it, and would like to thank you for all your efforts.
« Last post by La Vigna on January 11, 2018, 10:21:52 AM »
I value this site as others clearly do too and appreciate the efforts of all who run it and those that post useful tips and information. Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10