Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Recommendations / Re: Need a recommendation for Pacentro/Sulmona/Scanno areas
« Last post by Tartufa on January 16, 2018, 11:03:04 AM »
Super!  Enjoy and let us know how you get on. 
« Last post by Vignaverde on January 16, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
Thanks everyone. Tartufa your website is fantastic. I saw the guesthouse on your site and I will be contacting them.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations, the Pacentro one looks perfect.

We do not go until the end of March but I will let you know what we did etc soon after.

Thanks again to everyone  :)
« Last post by levissima on January 15, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »
VV, whatever you finally decide to do, I hope it gores well. Please would you come back and let us know how itís gone?
« Last post by Berti on January 15, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »
If you dont mind to travel, try castello chiola in loreto aprutino, they have a good restaurant in the hotel, but if you prefer to venture out, restaurant New Evo is directly below the castle and serves excellant food. Not sure what time of year you are looking at but both castle and alternate restaurant have indoor and outdoor facilities.
« Last post by Tartufa on January 14, 2018, 07:34:41 PM »
Just up my street!  For nice accommodation in Sulmona try: http://www.seistelle.com or http://santacroceguesthouse.com.  If neither are free, or you fancy a different 'vibe,' let me know and I will work down my list of favourites for you. Vacation rentals here for a party the size of yours are thin on the ground I'm afraid. The best restaurant in Sulmona is undoubtedly Locanda da Gino: http://www.lalocandadigino.it/en-index.htm but they're only open at lunch. For dinner try Cantina di Biffi for atmosphere or Da Clemente for the chef. The best restaurant in Pacentro is Li Caldora and it's worth a trip up the hill.  Not too pricey either for a top restaurant. Let me know if you need any other tips.
« Last post by Vignaverde on January 14, 2018, 10:46:20 AM »
Thanks for all the recommendations up to know. Big big help  :)
« Last post by Olive Oyl on January 14, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
I live just outside of pacentro - gorgeous village but I am biased! 😉 We find all the restaurants do good food, some are more casual and some are only open in the evening. For a special meal, la caldora can't be beaten, but La Majella, Pizzeria La Fontana and La Furnacella going up the mountain towards Caramanico are also good. If you want an agriturismo, then Costa Del Gallo going up to,Pacentro from Sulmona is pretty good too but only open Wednesday's and Sunday's.

I only know of B&Bs but I know there are lots of holiday rentals so it's probably possible to rent a house or two in the village.
« Last post by Rustychain on January 14, 2018, 07:28:34 AM »
We went to Pacentro when the wild-fires were raging & spent a nice time there, including having a very nice lunch. I've just looked it up & it was Pizzeria Majella. It's on the main square there, so a really nice location, the food was great & it was busy when we visited, so it appears to tick most of your boxes VV. Oh, it isn't JUST a pizzeria; it's a proper restaurant (presumably only doing pizza in the evening). We sat outside as they have a small terrace area but in late March you'd doubtless want to be inside anyway. Highly recommended.
« Last post by levissima on January 13, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
Not in Pacentro area but really full of atmosphere is :- http://santostefano.sextantio.it/en/
« Last post by Vignaverde on January 13, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »
Forgot to say, if you do not know of any accommodation but know a great restaurant for the evening, that would be a big help. Looking for rustic style and obviously great food. The important thing is the atmosphere (obviously after the food!).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10