Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Empty van space available
« Last post by dishydolly on Today at 09:06:38 PM »
Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted on here but good to see some familiar names still here and some new ones.
Regretfully we have now sold our house near Citta sant'angelo and have s few items of furniture to get back to the UK. Not a full house worth, but some special pieces and a few boxes of personal items.
Ideally I am looking to see if anyone is going back to the UK in the next few weeks with an empty van ....yes I know its a long shot  :-\
However, if that doesn't work out we may drive over to collect our stuff in an van, which of course will be empty on the way to Italy, and we wondered if anyone wanted anything bringing out  ;D
Would be happy to consider anything that would fit in a high top Transit type van for a relevant contribution towards the transport costs. l
 :) :) Let me know your thoughts please ;D
General Discussion / Public meeting in Bisenti
« Last post by levissima on January 13, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »
19.1.2018 INCONTRIAMO I CITTADINI

Stiamo organizzando un incontro aperto al pubblico per illustrare tutta la verità sulla viabilità, sulla sicurezza delle scuole di Bisenti, sul piano neve, sul centro prelievi e tanto altro ancora. Ci sono tante cose accadute nelle ultime settimane a Bisenti che tu cittadino DEVI sapere e che noi ti racconteremo…. SENZA FALSITÀ E SENZA ILLUSIONI...

L’incontro aperto al pubblico si terrà Venerdì 19 Gennaio presso il bar Tullio de Ovidiis dalle ore 20.00.
Essendo gli argomenti molto importanti e pieni di novità ti preghiamo di non mancare,

VI FAREMO VEDERE ANCHE ALCUNI FILMATI!

Il gruppo di minoranza (Marina, Manolo,  Domenico)

IL MIGLIOR MODO PER PREDIRE IL FUTURO E' INVENTARLO (Alan Kay).
General Discussion / Re: Post Brexit Healthcare
« Last post by GeordieBorn on January 05, 2018, 08:20:30 PM »
GB is a plonker! Most importantly in Levi’s post was the mention of Shebar. I’m sure many here have thought of her over this period, I certainly do often. Previously, my object of scorn of derision of her objectionable (to me) off the cuff posts and incessant political ranting. But she being someone who made this forum what it is/was is missed as are many others. 
« Last post by GeordieBorn on January 05, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »
Well it's a bit like the video about the prefab house, great idea, but wish I'd read the comments first! Same with this link, but keep them coming Levi as the 1st link is really a great idea (and design if it lasts) and the 2nd had me laughing my socks off at how daft some of us Brits can be - I ask you would you believe anything any UK government told you - more likely to get the truth out of the Italian lot!
« Last post by levissima on January 05, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »
Of course, nothing is agreed until everything is agreed but this looks a bit more hopeful. I just wish Shebar were able to read it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-theresa-may-message-uk-eu-nationals-rights-christmas-a8119416.html
General Discussion / Re: Made in Abruzzo
« Last post by levissima on January 05, 2018, 10:36:07 AM »
This might be a better link

https://youtu.be/qiDXUuQcfis
General Discussion / Re: Made in Abruzzo
« Last post by Rustychain on January 05, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »
An impressive concept / house presented with a very poor quality video; no time-lapse build, music of doom, just a few repeated still photos etc

Still, impressive, & very cheap too.
General Discussion / Re: Remembrance Sunday, Sangro River Cemetery
« Last post by Wheppy on January 05, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »
Hi Clive,
It is a lovely spot and would be delighted if you are able to share next years service with us.
General Discussion / Made in Abruzzo
« Last post by levissima on January 04, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »
Have a look at this

https://youtu.be/XZABnRKuWBo
General Discussion / Re: Remembrance Sunday, Sangro River Cemetery
« Last post by Clive Oldfield on January 02, 2018, 09:34:12 PM »
Visited the val di sangro english war cemetery yesterday and was interested to find out if armistice day was held here.....and just spotted this thread  >:( So sorry to have missed the 2017 one. We will be there in 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10