Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: No Visa BUT.......
« Last post by Venatore on Today at 01:03:36 PM »
There is much wrong with the EU and it’s policy’s. It does good too but it can be very academic in its strategy’s  and can lack empirical objectivity and nuance required for the greater good. I would cite the common fisheries and agricultural polices as examples.
I remember visiting Tuscany a few years ago and got in conversation with a local landowner. He had spotted me staring at his field which looked for all the world like a ploughed concrete car park being grey, compacted and short of organic matter. ‘Good land’ he says with a smile and not wishing to be rude I asked him what he was going to grow. ‘Sunflowers’ was the response which puzzled me further so I asked if this was good land for sunflowers to which he replied ‘ oh no, very bad, but the subsidy is very good’.
I believe the UK would be better off remaining in as it was rather than its partial or full exit. I also believe that the EU would be better off too having a counterpoint to its rather clumsy at times Franco/Germanic top heavy ness. Think what could have been achieved if the UK had put the same energy into reforming the EU as it had into leaving over the last two years?
I shall also end with a weather report as Prttorano had a good coating last night and the  pistes are open 🤗
V.
« Last post by IBarfoot on Today at 12:20:57 PM »
To be honest I am still not convinced the UK will actually leave. Funny I managed to travel and work in Europe before we joined the EU, it just took a little longer and required a little more effort but we still got there.
On another front first few flakes of snow this morning in Carunchio, still all is good, red wine to hand a beef in the slow cooker.😉
« Last post by old timer on Yesterday at 07:59:16 PM »
It wont make any difference if we are in or our. It has nothing to do with the UK leaving it was talked about a number of year ago before we were looking at leaving. It is going to apply to all countries not in the schengen area.  Originally people were going to have to apply for a visa  but for a lot of countries it has been reduced to a ETIAS. It is the EU trying to flex its muscle. I would be more worried about how the Italian government is going with the EU. If the EU continue to be as stropy are they are I could see Italy wanting to leave.  You all must know how much the italians love the Euro.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 07:38:10 PM »
It might as well have been 2012 and in retrospect with the EU. Yuk mulled wine what a waste. 2021 it is, if it ever applies to us from the UK... ;)
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on Yesterday at 06:31:57 PM »
2012? Do you mean 2021?

I was putting it down to the copious amount mulled wine taken in an attempt to blot out brexit.  Its not working, either of them.
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 04:42:26 PM »
2012? Do you mean 2021?

It’s the biggest mess imaginable and yet there are many still saying mount your unicorn and follow me to the sunlit uplands!
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 03:49:07 PM »
 A lot of water will pass under the bridge before that happens (and perhaps a few politicians) does not start until 2012 at earliest, we could be “out” and back “in” by then :D

General Discussion / No Visa BUT.......
« Last post by 2Heads on Yesterday at 03:01:42 PM »
Well, the EU has announced that Brits will not need a visa after Brexit but will have to apply for an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) which will cost 7 euros, renewable every 3 years. Not too bad you may think BUT it will only be usable for a maximum period of 90 days in any 180 days - causing major problems for many of us.
Thanks again Bloody Brexiteers!
General Discussion / Re: Six dead in nightclub stampede
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 08, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
Awful.
General Discussion / Re: Uncertain times
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 08, 2018, 11:00:50 AM »
But do you have a backstop ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10