Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
All about renovation / Maiella stone for walls
« Last post by Magnaub on October 30, 2017, 08:09:45 PM »
Hello,

I've read a few comments regarding the difficulties with 'Hardcore' and I'm facing the same old problem.
Having replaced a dilapidated stone building with an entirely new structure we now have the small matter of several (!!!) tons of so-called 'hardcore' lying in the garden.
Now, if I say hardcore it's actually really lovely Maiella stone some of which we used to build our new house and it looks stunning (sorry the picture link didn't work so I can send one if you'd like to see it).
However, after finishing the house there's still masses of the stuff left. It's a mixture of sand and stone so can either be used as landfill or to construct wonderful walls in drywall, in wire cages or as solid masonry.
Now, if anybody wants it, or at least some of it then let me know. It's free, you just need to come and get it picked up from Palombaro near Casoli.
Alternatively I've been trying to find the 'recycling' place near Guardiagrele that was mentioned in one of the previous posts but I didn't have any luck. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks for reading
Magnus
All about renovation / wood burner internal chimney
« Last post by dolcevita on October 05, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
Anyone know or can recommend a fitter?

After saying there are not any regs in Italy (untrue you need a certificate and have the installation checked as in UK ) I have lost faith in my usual team and am looking for someone who specializes in this work.

I am ordering all the kit separately as I want a very high quality twin walled kit and something that clips together avoiding leaks in cheaper kit and also as the house can get damp in the winter when we are not there the chimney needs to resist rusting.

thanks
All about renovation / Re: english speaking geometra
« Last post by Jamcam on September 14, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »
Many thanks

Will contact him and any other suggestions..... dont hold back !,,

All about renovation / Re: english speaking geometra
« Last post by SALCIM on September 14, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
I can recommend Gianmarco Poli at Abbruzzo Project (http://www.abruzzoproject.com/)
All about renovation / english speaking geometra
« Last post by Jamcam on September 13, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »
Hi all looking for an english speaking geometra in casoli lanciano area . Any suggestions welcome
All about renovation / Re: New roof
« Last post by levissima on September 08, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
I've sent you a PM
« Last post by Tish on September 07, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »
Thank you my grandaughter speaks fluent Italian so she can correspond with him so i would be gratefull if you could send me his details thank you
« Last post by levissima on September 07, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
I know one but he doesn't speak English. Let me know if you're interested and I'll pm you his details.
All about renovation / New roof
« Last post by Tish on September 07, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »
Need an estimate for a new roof as soon as possable for the  insurance company we are in the Teramo area (Basciano )not living there all the time as its a holiday home does anyone no of a good reliable builder many thanks
All about renovation / Re: Staircase in Celano
« Last post by Venatore on July 28, 2017, 01:41:24 AM »
Mighty purdy Shiney beast.
V.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10