Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Electric / Power tripped check maximum used
« Last post by GeordieBorn on March 25, 2018, 12:37:31 PM »
 A recent event with our electric brought this to my attention. I know others have mentioned before about their supply tripping due to “overload”, so this may be of some use to those that are not aware of it. Most meters here are actually quite good and if you press the button near the display they will show you the current and previous units used. Okay a bit confusing with the 3 different types/rates F1, F2 and F3, more so as it seems F2 & F3 are now combined for billing. Anyway I was advised you can also check on there what the maximum kw value you have used that month. There is a “Pot. Max =” for each of the above types. The reason I mention this is the fact our electric has all of a sudden tripped on the same equipment as has been used for some years now. Coincidental (not) was that ENEL had put up new supply poles due to a new neighbours request. Checking the “Pot Max” the max value we had this month was 2.1kw (we have a 3kw supply). Our power was out for a few hours the other day - ENEL knew already when called – and it has not tripped since (fingers crossed). It would be good if anyone else knows anything about this as I'm sure it would be helpful to know as much as possible and I'm only going off what one person said about this "Pot. Max".  ;D

Telephone / Re: Wind
« Last post by GeordieBorn on March 25, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
An old post I know, but I came across this link which explains how this happens in the UK and I guess it is the same here in Italy.
Internet connection / Re: WiFi on Molise/Abruzzo border
« Last post by levissima on March 09, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »
If you pm someone, it stays in your outbox until it’s opened by the recipient, this might be why you think it’s not worked.
« Last post by Montenero on March 09, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
Montenero we have a contact in our area as we connect many clients up. If you like you can pm me your information and I can ask him if he covers the area or find out who does, they will then hopefully come to you and connect you up. Only thing is, doing it this way (through the back door) may not get you your free month but at least it saves you a trip to Pescara and I'm not bothered about the free month, you can just buy me a drink if we ever meet  ;D

Thanks VV, would love to take you up on this! I have tried to PM you, but I'm not actually convinced that it worked...
« Last post by PJM on March 02, 2018, 12:54:51 AM »
I must say first thank you for all your help . I have been in contact with Micso so far so good , they are very good on e mail , I just use a google translate, been e mailing for about a month and I hope they can install around 14th when I am in Italy , just slight problem I have no Italian phone but lets see and I will post if all is well and I am on line after 14th. Also having the same problem with Ikea who are making a delivery ..no Italian phone but I think thats sorted. I do have an Italian phone but the credit has run out over the winter while in the uk!
Also thank you all for the help with the central heating hope thats installed and  all working when I arrive !
As pay back anyone who needs help with renting then contact me , 9 rents so far for this year and that's enough as I am visiting (one rent for a month)Not saying I am not expert but can help with tips look at your sites and say what I think.It's taken 3 years to get to this point with rentals and it's been hard but enjoyable work. Snowed in the Uk so making bedding for the first visitors with a baby ..hope Ikea deliver the cot !Happy too share my information .like I now know how the listings work to get to the top of the searches!
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 28, 2018, 07:41:10 AM »
Montenero we have a contact in our area as we connect many clients up. If you like you can pm me your information and I can ask him if he covers the area or find out who does, they will then hopefully come to you and connect you up. Only thing is, doing it this way (through the back door) may not get you your free month but at least it saves you a trip to Pescara and I'm not bothered about the free month, you can just buy me a drink if we ever meet  ;D
« Last post by Grimsby Ranger on February 28, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »
We called in to the shop near Pescara airport. Filled some forms in, paid for a year (plus a bit for the router I think) as we're non-residents and came away with the equipment. It's really easy to set-up and we were on later that day. Non-residents get it half price, about the only thing you pay less for haha.
« Last post by Montenero on February 27, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »
How long has it taken for most people to get connected? I don't actually have a phone line yet either...
« Last post by Montenero on February 27, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »
Montenero, a few of us on here are with Micso. They're OK, it's reasonably reliable and good enough for streaming etc. They've been helpful if we've had to contact them for anything.

Great to know - thanks!
« Last post by Grimsby Ranger on February 27, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
Montenero, a few of us on here are with Micso. They're OK, it's reasonably reliable and good enough for streaming etc. They've been helpful if we've had to contact them for anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10