Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TV / Re: Which VPN?
« Last post by rsetzer99 on June 12, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
BoingBoing is a blog that I have followed for years. They have recently posted this discount offer for VPN from HideMyAss. It is a VPN that has been around for a long time and has a decent reputation.

http://boingboing.net/2017/06/12/get-a-deal-on-one-of-pc-mags.html
« Last post by RedSauce on June 03, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
Well.................It depends what you want.....

I don't believe that you need a VPN at all if you use this (a very small monthly fee has just been introduced)

https://robssatellitetv.com/tvguides/uk-tv-guide/

It's basically a re feed of freeview in the UK. Filmon is also still available (without a VPN) but you pay a somewhat larger fee

RedS
« Last post by Lui on June 02, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »
Thanks VV. Micso have finally got a transmitter we can see, on a water tower in Picciano I believe. Only problem I have at the moment is that I can't get onto the forum at all on the Micso connection but it's still fine on what remains of the Bentley Walker service. Thanks also Orbito for responding. I think in the end out of the top 5 VPNs the choice will come down to price. Oh, and no problems at all with the Beeb, in fact I'm downloading as I type this. You're expected to register now which I reluctantly did but I think it's no more sinister than a data collecting exercise.
« Last post by Vignaverde on June 02, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Glad to hear you got your internet sorted Lui  :)
« Last post by Cheryl on June 02, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
I have been having trouble getting bbc lately. Has anyone else had problems?
« Last post by Orbito on June 01, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
I have PureVPN which is OK - sometimes the location address doesn't work but the online support is very good, and it's usually fixed pretty quickly.
TV / Which VPN?
« Last post by Lui on June 01, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
After 6 years with a limited bandwidth to play with each month we're finally connected to an unlimited server.  :D Obviously to be able to take advantage of TV coming out of the UK, especially BBC iPlayer we need a VPN. A short surf of the internet shows a bewildering array of VPN providers and also a huge range of review sites which in some cases conflict with each other's opinions. I know Victor M. has spoken of using IPVanish and judging by his posts he certainly seems to know what he's doing but which one would you recommend? I'm looking at NordVPN, ExpressVPN and PureVPN at the moment as being generally well reviewed.
TV / Re: Filmon-changes
« Last post by Orbito on May 20, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
followed Orbito into PureVPN last week..the same 56 pounds for 2 years. But I have had a few recent problems accessing the beeb. I got onto the PureVPN website and I have to say the online chat was excellent and helped me out. Very pleased with their service at that time.

Ahh same here today - just with the BBC, ITV is working fine. Thanks Article, I popped onto PureVPN chat and it was sorted in 2 minutes. If anyone else has the same problem with Pure, message me and I'll send you the link to the problem solver.
« Last post by Relaxed on May 20, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
My 'old faithful' vpn gave up the ghost yesterday (a friend who used the same one got an e-mail from them telling him it would stop, so it wasn't a surprise).

Reading the other recent thread here (streaming) about how being able to use 'online subscriptions' pan-European will come in during 2018, I wasn't inclined to buy a whole years worth of vpn. I'm also a bit nervous about the BBC iplayer imploring me to 'log in' (and if you read their bumf on this, it talks about being able to check whether you have a TV licence), so I'd rather stay with a monthly plan for a vpn for the moment.

I'm experimenting with avast secureline (mainly because it came pre-installed on this PC). It gives me a free trial (with a 5GB data limit), so I can test it at various times of day when my old vpn always dropped out. It seems to work well, and it's very simple. It isn't the cheapest at 7.99 a month (much less if you subscribe for a year or longer). I'll let you know how I get on!
https://www.avast.com/en-us/secureline-vpn#pc

« Last post by Article on May 20, 2017, 08:32:59 AM »
followed Orbito into PureVPN last week..the same 56 pounds for 2 years. But I have had a few recent problems accessing the beeb. I got onto the PureVPN website and I have to say the online chat was excellent and helped me out. Very pleased with their service at that time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10