Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sales and purchases / Re: Cost of selling
« Last post by Vignaverde on November 10, 2017, 09:01:46 AM »
Relaxed is right you as owner need to make sure everything is in order before you sell this includes items below. Working from percentages can be very inaccurate because there are too many variables. But as seller it is a little easier to work out.

As seller you need;

An energy certificate
An Italian bank account (to receive funds)
Documents in order
A translator if you do not speak Italian

Possible costs;

Energy certificate from E250 upwards depending on size/state of property, if you consider E390 that should cover most.
Documents is harder as it depends on a few things. Have you done restorations that have changed the original floor plan? If so consider  E700-E1500 (ish) to update land registry office. Did you get all the correct permissions? If not this can go into the thousands to resolve, I have only ever done one and it cost around E4K. Have you restored outbuildings? Did you get permission? If not consider once again thousands not hundreds.
If you have not changed anything then you should not have to do anything. Just remember the floor plans held by the catastal office must represent exactly how the house is now. If you have put a stud wall up to make a little storage area this MUST be on the plans or taken down.
Translator around E390
Agents fee, usually, 3% plus IVA with a minimum of E3000 plus IVA.
Have you received the property in a will? If so this will need to be put into your name, which means registering the death certificate and re registering the property in the correct name/s.

You as seller should not pay the Notary unless;

You are selling within 5 years and have made a profit after all expenses taken into consideration. If you have made profit you will pay around 20% of profit in tax. If after 5 years you do not pay any capital gains tax.

If you have received the property in a will you have to pay acceptance of the will which costs around E200-E300.
« Last post by Relaxed on November 10, 2017, 04:31:42 AM »
I will defer to VV on this, concerning estate agent fees, and (un)likely notaio costs.

But it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the house is sellable: which means that it must be properly described on the catastal register, and must also be furnished with all the relevant documentation covering electrical/gas/plumbing/thermal performance/septic tank etc  regulations.  Getting all these ducks in a row can involve (quite significant) unexpected costs - because the rules have (quite probably) changed since you bought.

Some of this stuff (updating the catastal accuracy, in particular) is just 'normal' - no Italian seller, or their geometra, would bother to update these details until they wanted to sell the property.

So, a ball-park figure is a bit of an impossible ask (IMO).
« Last post by rometony on November 09, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »
3%

I think for buyer and seller as I recall
Ask for a deal, if you don't ask , you don't get!
T
« Last post by La Vigna on November 09, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
I think it depends on the selling price, 15% would be very expensive unless it was 20,000 euros for the property. I'm sure VV will have a guide.
Sales and purchases / Cost of selling
« Last post by Seanoc on November 09, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
Does anybody know a " ballpark" figure for selling a house in Italy ? I seem to recall when buying it was around 15% of the purchace price.
Insurance / Re: Copelands removing earthquake cover
« Last post by Essex Red on October 30, 2017, 11:35:25 AM »
PJM - thanks for the update. I guess they must be making their decision based on the house location in Abruzzo rather than taking a view on Abruzzo as a whole (our house is in Lanciano). Glad you got cover elsewhere.
Insurance / Re: Copelands removing earthquake cover
« Last post by PJM on October 28, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »
Update .Schofields won't cover me for earthquake ..so I have gone with intersure !
Heating solutions / Re: Stufa gasket/rope
« Last post by Lui on October 09, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »
Thanks both. I've actually in the meantime finally got a response from an online retailer that has exactly what I want but I'll definitely try the place in Cesi as it's just down the hill. I'll let you know the details VV if I have no joy with Cesi or online. Thanks again.
 I'm hoping this may be a timely reminder as well for those who have stufe that these seals don't last forever ;)
« Last post by Vignaverde on October 09, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »
Where are you Lui? Do you have the measurement, I can ask the guy we use.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 09, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Have you tried the shop in Cesi next to De Santis, think they are actually the same people. Coming from Bisenti, trun right and I'm sure you will know the De Sactis tile place, but the next door along they sell gas piping etc. They may also sell that type of stuff, if not they may advise where to get it. A bit father afield and I'm not too sure exactly where in Montisilvano it is there is a shop that look like it sells all sorts of fire stuff. But I'm sure there must be something more local.

PS Not ideal, but just looked on  Amazon IT here and it might be  good last resort.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10