Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other sports topics / Re: Bad luck Italy
« Last post by Relaxed on November 15, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »
It's all very sad, but in my supermarket yesterday it sounds as if the Italian tifosi will rally behind Iceland  ;D
« Last post by Vignaverde on November 14, 2017, 06:45:56 PM »
Tough one for me. I have an Italian father in law who takes the mess every time England play so I was Mr Sweden last night and still very happy about it today  ;D
« Last post by maritodi on November 14, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »
And with that likely comes a total apathy for the tournament in the local bars. Which is sad for all of us!

Ikea will do OK, my large derriere is looking for a new sofa  ;D
Other sports topics / Bad luck Italy
« Last post by Cassius on November 14, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »
The World Cup won't be the same without you.

I fear for IKEA's sales today................
Other sports topics / Sea Fishing
« Last post by 2Heads on August 03, 2017, 03:33:36 PM »
Does anyone on here go sea fishing (from a boat rather than from the beach) and if so, how do you arrange it.
We have a friend coming over who loves it and would like to try the Abruzzo version rather than just catching shed-loads of mackerel off the Dorset coast.
Walking / Guided walking excursions
« Last post by Relaxed on May 20, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
I've just come across this site http://www.italiaguide.org/ which has loads of excursions (of varying lengths).

Just select Abruzzo from the drop down menu top right, (if it doesn't open to that), and see if there is anything which might suit. There are some trips taking place on June 2nd and 3rd which form part of a National Day of Guided Excursions #GiornateGAE2017 and which cost 5 a person.

http://www.aigae.org/giornate-nazionali-guida-ambientale-escursionistica-2017-abruzzo/ gives you an idea of the distances involved for these 'special' days, with suggestions on what to wear and what to carry with you.
Cycling / Re: Giro
« Last post by nil satis on May 15, 2017, 08:05:25 AM »
It was a great event and we went to the finish at Mamma Rossa. They offered a park and ride from Pretoro which was fine and only E2 return but it drops off at Passo Lanciano so you had to walk about 5k or get the chair lift and walk across the top about 1k but its rough terrain obviously and I took my mum and dad who are disabled but they were determined to do it so we got the chair lift and all in all it was brilliant, though they had nowhere near enough coaches we queued 2hrs going and coming back.
« Last post by levissima on May 14, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »
http://www.abruzzolive.it/?p=64662

Bit of a spill today after collision with a police motorbike. Don't think there are any serious injuries
« Last post by Cassius on May 06, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
Looks like it's next Sunday 14th - looks like a good route!
« Last post by Vignaverde on May 05, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »
Looks like it will be p! $$!ng it down  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10