Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Advice please regarding stray cats
« Last post by levissima on July 16, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
Well done Kev! And thanks for the information and the update. Hope it happens 😉
« Last post by popinjaykev on July 16, 2017, 06:30:06 AM »
Ok latest scenario re the 9 cats....I had absolutely no response to my emails which I sent to everyone in the commune, then quite by chance I spoke to someone who told me that I have to speak to the Polizia Communale or Vigili. So I just walked in and spoke to one of the lady officers and she said that ASL would do it for free but I would have to take them in myself... As these cats are feral that was not such a sensible idea so I told them this. Anyway they made a report and within 10 minutes of getting home I received a telephone call from the Vet at ASL who asked me to go and see him next week and they would help and I would not have to take the cats in.

So not getting too excited yet but looking forward to seeing if I can get in to see ASL for a chat next week....I will keep you posted.

Important that you visit in person I think .... I am already practicing my crying technique  8)
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Kennels
« Last post by rometony on July 11, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »

They were ok.

t
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Kennels
« Last post by Wheppy on July 08, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
What were the kennels in Cepagatti like?
Pets, vets and rescues / Stray cats Alliance Lol
« Last post by popinjaykev on July 03, 2017, 07:39:54 PM »
Yes will do Carol.... I have sent an email to the Sindaco today but I am not holding my breath Lol....As for vets I spoke to a Professor at the Veterinary University in Teramo and they still charge even though the trainee vets perform the ops. As soon as I indicated that I may be able to organise funds from a UK charity for a sterilisation programme it all went quiet. A friend has just sent me an article from todays  Il Centro but that is Chieti ... out here in Hicksville it's a different story.

It appears that if there are groups of volunteers they can sway the communes into taking action..

I will keep you informed

Thanks

Kev . 
« Last post by levissima on July 03, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
Can you ask your local vet for advice? I know ASL or is it ASUL, I can never remember, have a service where they take stray dogs, vaccinate, chip and neuter them but I think they must be referred through the  Comune. No idea if they do the same for cats but it's worth asking.

If you do find out, please come back and let us know.

Sorry not to be more help! Good luck

Pets, vets and rescues / Advice please regarding stray cats
« Last post by popinjaykev on July 03, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
Hi all I am one of those soft English people that tends to take in waifs and strays and feed them... Currently I feed around  9 cats but because I am not resident here it concerns me when I have to leave them. Does anyone know of any organisation in the Teramo region which I could contact to try and discuss  a catch, neuter and release programme ? I do not have spare cash and it is impossible for me to spend 100 euros to sterilise  each female cat and 50 Euros on a Tom cat. However if there is any cat rescue around  I may be able to organise financial support for any legitimate business.

Any advice would be gratefully received

I have 4 kittens and Mum cat in a building behind my house and a young Mum and 8 day old kitten inside my house ... plus another few that wander around.

Pets, vets and rescues / free to a good home!
« Last post by rometony on June 30, 2017, 09:49:27 PM »
3 medium sized dogs looking for a New home!  age, 12, 10, 9....  the dogs can be separated... for further information please contact us on: 3935801918
Pets, vets and rescues / Two cats for rescue
« Last post by Fatboy on June 15, 2017, 04:43:19 PM »
Wanted home for 2 stray cats.   They have been living in our barn since the terrible winter where we have been feeding them every day! They are outdoor cats. Quite nervous, but have become
reliant on me for food.  I have tried rehoming kennels who do not want to know! Neither does the local vet!
We are moving back to the UK and we are worried these cats will starve, especially in the winter.

Can anyone help by having them or know of anywhere I can take them where they will be looked after?

Thank you
Nature. Flora and fauna / Re: Fireflies spotted...
« Last post by Shebar on April 14, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
Yes - finally there are some mates!  There are a dozen or so tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10