Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Awnings
« Last post by Nakiska12 on May 21, 2017, 03:18:14 PM »
Thanks everyone, we will start checking out some options.
Abruzzo in pictures / Eclipse of the moon
« Last post by popinjaykev on May 21, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »
Relaxed it took me a long time to get the exposure right for moon photos - never caught the eclipse though ...as I have said many times take 100 images and if one comes out I am happy ... No technical knowledge just hit and miss with me  :D
Abruzzo in pictures / Re: Well the light is fading but.........
« Last post by Relaxed on May 21, 2017, 01:17:13 AM »
Don't apologise for light fading - face it - light fades! Very atmospheric pic.

I shot myself in the foot videoing an eclipse of the sun - but I forgot to turn off the 'auto exposure' button. It was a terminally disappointing video!
TV / Re: Filmon-changes
« Last post by Orbito on May 20, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
followed Orbito into PureVPN last week..the same 56 pounds for 2 years. But I have had a few recent problems accessing the beeb. I got onto the PureVPN website and I have to say the online chat was excellent and helped me out. Very pleased with their service at that time.

Ahh same here today - just with the BBC, ITV is working fine. Thanks Article, I popped onto PureVPN chat and it was sorted in 2 minutes. If anyone else has the same problem with Pure, message me and I'll send you the link to the problem solver.
Walking / Guided walking excursions
« Last post by Relaxed on May 20, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
I've just come across this site http://www.italiaguide.org/ which has loads of excursions (of varying lengths).

Just select Abruzzo from the drop down menu top right, (if it doesn't open to that), and see if there is anything which might suit. There are some trips taking place on June 2nd and 3rd which form part of a National Day of Guided Excursions #GiornateGAE2017 and which cost 5 a person.

http://www.aigae.org/giornate-nazionali-guida-ambientale-escursionistica-2017-abruzzo/ gives you an idea of the distances involved for these 'special' days, with suggestions on what to wear and what to carry with you.
TV / Re: Filmon-changes
« Last post by Relaxed on May 20, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
My 'old faithful' vpn gave up the ghost yesterday (a friend who used the same one got an e-mail from them telling him it would stop, so it wasn't a surprise).

Reading the other recent thread here (streaming) about how being able to use 'online subscriptions' pan-European will come in during 2018, I wasn't inclined to buy a whole years worth of vpn. I'm also a bit nervous about the BBC iplayer imploring me to 'log in' (and if you read their bumf on this, it talks about being able to check whether you have a TV licence), so I'd rather stay with a monthly plan for a vpn for the moment.

I'm experimenting with avast secureline (mainly because it came pre-installed on this PC). It gives me a free trial (with a 5GB data limit), so I can test it at various times of day when my old vpn always dropped out. It seems to work well, and it's very simple. It isn't the cheapest at 7.99 a month (much less if you subscribe for a year or longer). I'll let you know how I get on!
https://www.avast.com/en-us/secureline-vpn#pc

Abruzzo in pictures / Well the light is fading but.........
« Last post by popinjaykev on May 20, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »
Thunderstorms, rain and hail and when the clouds start to lift ....it appears there is more snow on the Gran Sasso.

Definitely cooler outside this evening. Apologies the light is very poor 
Abruzzo in pictures / Corno Grande at 2912 metres above sea level
« Last post by popinjaykev on May 20, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »
Sometimes after a day of mountain thunder storms, Hail and Lightning, I have to remind myself what the peak looks like :'(
I know it made me smile too but I was really fortunate  to get this photo - Brush strokes it is now your task to modify any road signs you find ... Lets really brighten up the region :)
I think I drove past the exact same sign last week. Never really noticed the sad look before until last week.  :)  :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10