Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Windy
« Last post by Vignaverde on Today at 03:04:19 PM »
The sock is mine Levi. Can you post it back? My word I have never experienced wind like that before. I now need to repair a car door as the wind almost ripped it off it's hinges. A friend of mine in France found half his furniture in the next field on Sunday, I guess it's the same wind gust.
We were showing 17 degrees last night as well which is just absurd. What are we doing to this planet?
Flights / Re: Blue Air
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Today at 01:42:05 PM »
Thanks for the update Lui. We’ve done a similar trip from FCO to Manchester with Jet2, but they are a little more expensive. Still not convinced with the times though as Jet2 are similar and being late birds (lazy) around 12’ from FCO means a very early start if going by bus and coming back I think the flights are around 6-6.30 which again means a very early start coming back. However if it was just for a short time I suppose driving to FCO would cut down the “going” part and a hire car at the other end may help. We really don’t like the Stansted route, but using the mid-day flight makes it a better option for us in terms of times and cost. Still it is always good to have another option, so we will keep an eye to Liverpool route too.
« Last post by levissima on Today at 10:53:19 AM »
Anyone lost a blue sock? Found one on my balcony 😄
General Discussion / Re: Gran Sasso Nuclear Threat
« Last post by Venatore on Today at 10:21:59 AM »
Part of my job Rusty but a pleasure too.
V.
Flights / Re: Blue Air
« Last post by Lui on Today at 09:30:04 AM »
Did the Fiumicino to Liverpool flight and back over the weekend and it was all okay. No difference from Ryanair really, just a bit more legroom and a free coffee. Other than that just the same routine. I only tried them because they were the cheapest option for getting from here to the north of England and the flight times were also more sensible. I'd use them again.
General Discussion / Re: Gran Sasso Nuclear Threat
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 10:11:37 PM »
I was somewhat cynical earlier but I think I should thank you for posting this. I'm not sure that it will affect our behaviour very much, but it's always better to be aware of the facts & thus able to make an informed decision rather than sleep-walking.
General Discussion / Re: Christmas Choral Performance - Bisenti Area
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 10:09:00 PM »
Thanks very much for posting that; we'll be going to one of the concerts & look forward to it very much.
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 10:07:25 PM »
It's been ruddy windy here for the last 24 hours or more. Nothing damaged so far but when I've been outside & the trees are almost bent double, the noise has been amazing.

Extreme weather warnings / Windy
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 09:51:14 PM »
It’s blowing a hooligan here in Montefino. Everything’s blown over on the terrace and the wind is so strong, it’s come up the drain pipe and blown the plug out of the sink!

Is it local or are others experiencing it?
General Discussion / Christmas Choral Performance - Bisenti Area
« Last post by randyhos on Yesterday at 11:35:54 AM »
The Coro Misticanto, Coro di Bisenti, and Bisenti Children's Choir will perform holiday music on 16 December in Bisenti(see attached advert).

The adult choruses will perform along with the Castilenti Band on 17 December at 17:00 in the Castilenti Convent and at 20:00 in the "multi-functional" building in Montefino.

Admission is free as always.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10