Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Hot!
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 10:57:16 PM »
Well the weather may have broken but there a number of fires in the hills around Sulmona. They appear to have started around 5pm by which time it was quite overcast and cooling down. There is a moderate breeze which is fanning and spreading the flames causing multiple breakouts.
V.

Lets hope they get it under control and no one is impacted by it. It would not get far North as there was quite a bit rain in parts for an hour or so this afternoon.
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 10:25:59 PM »
Oh dear.

We were threatened with some rain today but it didn't materialise. Much cooler (~ 27C) with tomorrow being cooler still I think.

I wonder if we might have already finished with the keep-the-sun-out routine of closing shutters / windows / curtains to try to moderate temperatures...

???
Motoring / Re: Can you insure a car which isn't in your name?
« Last post by stefanaccio on Yesterday at 09:49:27 PM »
Not to be argumentative or too-far off topic but there is supporting hard data suggesting the Italian judicial system (at least on the civil side) compared with other developed countries, can accurately be described as "beyond a joke, a national scandal & an embarrassment". 

http://www.oecd.org/eco/growth/Civil%20Justice%20Policy%20Note.pdf

Seven months into the presidency of my country's Mango Mussolini (aka Cheeto Benito, aka Donald Drumpf, etc) I have come to know abbastanza and am quite schooled re jokes, national scandals and embarrassment.
« Last post by Venatore on Yesterday at 09:40:12 PM »
Well the weather may have broken but there a number of fires in the hills around Sulmona. They appear to have started around 5pm by which time it was quite overcast and cooling down. There is a moderate breeze which is fanning and spreading the flames causing multiple breakouts.
V.
Events and feste / Capestrano strano film festival
« Last post by PJM on Yesterday at 08:38:25 PM »
I am sad at missing this, back in the Uk. Lots of events going on very well organised !!

http://www.stranofilmfestival.com/programma-2017-english-version/
Pamela
« Last post by fluffchops on Yesterday at 01:16:19 PM »
Thanks for your replies, I've already contacted the insurers and I'll see how far (or not ) I get this week with regard to changing ownership..I'll keep you informed .
General Discussion / Re: Night sky..
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 12:31:28 PM »
With all the stresses in life and the nightmare situations in Spain ( I won't even start talking about those scumbags) what a nice thing to read, thanks Levi, the first part of that will now become my whatsapp status :)
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 12:29:25 PM »
I agree with Relaxed (sorry Rustychain), a neighbours son has gone to the UK to work for a year to gain experience of the language, the last conversation I had with him he said "I thought the Italian systems were a nightmare, I have now learned that it is just normal!".
« Last post by tobylap on Yesterday at 08:20:21 AM »
One of my favorite poems.
« Last post by Orbito on Yesterday at 06:23:33 AM »
Lovely.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10