Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Telephone / Re: Unwanted 'services a pagamento'
« Last post by Article on October 14, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
Yeah, wind will do that.
Telephone / Unwanted 'services a pagamento'
« Last post by Relaxed on October 14, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »
I discovered that two 'services' which I had not authorised were draining my Vodafone credit.
Some outfit calling itself Mobbyworld (which appeared on the 'bill' as "Funworld") and something else called Polygon had drained more than 20  Euros from my credit in six days.
I had a look on Google, and on Twitter, and found mentions of this Mobbyworld scam - but the mentions were more than a year old.
Anyway, I got onto Vodafone, and they re-credited my account (effectively they returned the money) without question, and they permanently blocked my number from any servizi a pagamento.
It might be worth having a look regularly to see if your account is suffering from these scams, and also asking your provider to permanently block any such services.
I have no idea how they gained access to my number - it started on the day on which I had (probably for the first time ever) texted and also What's Apped an American number (of a perfectly innocent American visitor). That may be coincidence, but I certainly didn't do any clicking on any game site or the like.
My supplier is Vodafone, but the complaints on the web from a year ago also mentioned Wind.
Telephone / Re: Iliad mobile deal
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 10, 2018, 10:04:05 PM »
I never trust these mobile people with their coverage maps, but yes they are claiming to cover most of Italy. Reading up on the net on them they are apparently know for doing this type of thing and caused havoc in France for the other mobile operators. Already in Italy others like TIM and Voda have reduced charges.
Telephone / Re: Iliad mobile deal
« Last post by rometony on October 10, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »
Looks like a good deal
However when I input my address the coverage map just shows the whole of Italy in red.
Do they have complete coverage for Abruzzo?
T
Telephone / Iliad mobile deal
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 10, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
Just spotted this on another forum and if you can believe their coverage information, it is very good here in Abruzzo. The deal here on their site looks very good indeed with unlimited call and SMS and a whopping 50Gb of data/month. You can check their coverage here.
Telephone / Vodafone international
« Last post by levissima on September 26, 2018, 07:06:26 PM »
I had a Vodafone package that gave me unlimited calls in Italy, 30 0minutes to uk landlines and 1 G data for €10 calls €5 data.

A couple of months ago they changed it to unlimited international calls and put the tariff up from €10 to €10.99.  Of course you can only put €10 and €5 credit on the phone, so instead of putting €15 a month for calls and data, I had to,put €20.

Ok, so now they know you’re putting €20 credit on your phone, they’ve, sneakily, put the calls charge up to 12.98 a total of €17.98.

I’m not prepared to pay that because I’ve never yet used the full 300 minutes on the original package!!

Well, I’ve had a shout and at first they said sorry the price has gone up and we did text you. I never read the texts because they send me dozens a month. Basically tough luck!  Until I said ‘ ok tomorrow I’m changing to TIM”. Suddenly they remembered another package, called Vodafone Global. This gives unlimited calls in Italy, 300 minutes international landline calls and 8gb of data. It’s €20 to activate and for the first month then just €10 thereafter.

So to anyone else mucked about by Vodafone, don’t accept it!
Water / Re: Water off tomorrow
« Last post by GeordieBorn on September 20, 2018, 02:20:48 PM »
fortunately up to now our water is still on...
« Last post by Rustychain on September 19, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »
Yes, thanks for the info. Our area isn't on the list so our water will probably be turned off.  ;D
« Last post by levissima on September 19, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Last time they published this advice, I filled everything with water, kettle, bath, lots of bottles, then they never turned it off! Still it’s better to be prepared and this time they might actually do it 😉
Water / Water off tomorrow
« Last post by Lui on September 19, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »
Just saw this on C.M.R. Comune facebook page. ACA are doing some repairs and the water is off from 8.30 to 5 tomorrow, 20th, in these areas.   
 AVVISO da parte di ACA
PREVISTA SOSPENSIONE IDRICA PER RIPARAZIONE ADDUTTRICE TAVO DIRAMAZIONE NORD PER IL GIORNO 20/09/2018
A causa dei lavori di collegamento e riparazione della condotta, si comunica la sospensione dell’ erogazione idrica per giovedì 20 settembre dalle ore 08.30.
Il flusso idrico sarà ripristinato a partire dalle ore 17.00, avvisando che la perfetta normalizzazione su tutta la rete avverrà in tarda serata.
COMUNI INTERESSATI:
FARINDOLA – INTERO TERRITORIO ARSITA – INTERO TERRITORIO PENNE – LIMITATO A RACCOFINADAMO, VILLA DEGNA, COLLEMAGGIO, COLLE TROTTA BISENTI – INTERO TERRITORIO CASTIGLIONE M. RAIMONDO – INTERO TERRITORIO CASTILENTI – INTERO TERRITORIO MONTEFINO – INTERO TERRITOIO ELICE – INTERO TERRITORIO CITTA’ S.ANGELO – LIMITATO A CAPOLUOGO, CIPRESSI, FONTE CANALEATRI – INTERO TERRITORIO SILVI – LIMITATO A SILVI ALTA, PIANACCE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10