Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Markets and other shops / Re: M&S orders to Italy
« Last post by Tartufa on March 30, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
Thanks a lot Levi. I have used M&S frequently over the years - especially for kids' clothes. The service and delivery times have always been excellent. Let's hope that continues. I'm not sure I understand why they have done this. Let's hope they have not made a massive assumption (as NEXT did) that we prefer to shop in Italian and use an Italian credit card...
Markets and other shops / M&S orders to Italy
« Last post by levissima on March 29, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
For anyone who orders goods from M&S

“We're making some changes to the delivery service currently available from M&S UK.

When these changes take place you'll need to shop your new dedicated website, marksandspencer.com/it, if you wish to ship to Italy. We'll no longer be shipping to Italy from 6 April (23:59 GMT) on marksandspencer.com.

What’s in it for me?

Well, using the new Italy site means you’ll benefit from a better service - including free delivery over €50 and local currency transactions.

What’s next?

Instead of shopping on marksandspencer.com, you’ll now need to shop at marksandspencer.com/it to access all those added benefits.

What about my UK account?

Sending to the UK? Go ahead and use your current M&S account, but from 6 April (23:59 GMT) you won’t be able to ship from marksandspencer.com to Italy

Shipping to Italy? For your privacy we can’t transfer your personal data. Simply create a new account or sign in with Facebook”
Markets and other shops / Re: antique/vintage
« Last post by shiny beast on March 03, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »
I wonder if Mercatino in Montesilvano has moved again? It did before and we thought there was less stuff in their new place.

It seemed to be such a succesful business and I wonder why it has closed? Hopefully nothing to do with Finance Police as I can imagine they would be suspicious of the way a store operates. It is often hard to do something new and original in Italy.on the other hand if you want to open a Pizzeria .........

Mercatino has moved. It's is now next door to Lidl on the main road in Montesilvano. They have also opened a massive store in Sambuceto behind Obbi.
« Last post by dolcevita on March 02, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
I wonder if Mercatino in Montesilvano has moved again? It did before and we thought there was less stuff in their new place.

It seemed to be such a succesful business and I wonder why it has closed? Hopefully nothing to do with Finance Police as I can imagine they would be suspicious of the way a store operates. It is often hard to do something new and original in Italy.on the other hand if you want to open a Pizzeria .........

« Last post by superman on February 25, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
Portabello has now moved into what was the chinese shop at the front now it is next to the road with a car park in front

« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 25, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
Well done DV, I had forgotten those 2 shops (now one) sold such stuff. Portobello I recall is quite hard to spot as it's sign is on the main road, but it is hidden behind the houses. For anyone looking for such places, last time we went along it there was one just before the motorway bridge on Via Vestina.
« Last post by nil satis on February 25, 2018, 04:38:07 PM »
Thank you Superman I appreciate you info but I fear its a little too far for her and they only here for another couple of days but thank you again.
« Last post by superman on February 25, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »
The mercatino store in montisilvano on corso umberto  has closed down, you can go to portabello which is in silvi just along the same road but they appear to be going more and more into used fashion
The mercatino in teramo is still good for interesting stuff of all kinds
« Last post by dolcevita on February 25, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
Not much chance I am afraid but Mercatino do have some more valuable and antique jewellery and other more valuable things in glass cases in their stores by the airport and in Montesilvano so that is where I would try first.Most people think they are a bit like a big charity shop but they do also sell a surprising amount of very good antique and vintage Italian design, but at a price!

Vintage has yet to take off in Italy in the same way as it has in the UK and any antique or vintage shops we have been to seem to  ridiculously over price their stuff and get very huffy if you make an offer!
Markets and other shops / antique/vintage
« Last post by nil satis on February 24, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »
I know its a long shot but my daughter is over skiing for a few days but today would like to go shopping for a wedding ring she wants to look at antique/vintage shops any ideas you lovely people? I suggested Chieti may have something
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10