Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Taxes / Re: Paying IMU from abroad by bank transfer
« Last post by levissima on November 15, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
I think you have to accept that this part of rural Italy is still living in a time warp. They are only used to dealing with people who live locally, grew up locally, know everyone and where everything is and how itís done so most systems are set up for face to face transactions. Itís gradually being dragged into the present century and itís a real bind at times, but for me, itís all part of the charm😉
Taxes / Re: Paying IMU from abroad by bank transfer
« Last post by Woody on November 15, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »
I had to visit my comune office to ask this question the last time we were in Casoli. We have always paid it over the counter at CariChieti Banca until they were taken over by UBI Banca. Unfortunately we are no longer able to do this as we had to close our account with Carichieti and open a new account with UBI which we are now only able to use online. There was no other option available to non residents. We also had to buy an Italian mobile phone in order for the bank to open this account for us.
I explained this to the ladies at the comune who told us that it is not possible for us to pay IMU direct from our bank in the UK by transfer as they needed an F24. We now have to queue up at the Post Office to pay this bill!! They certainly don't make it easy to pay this tax, as well as having to calculate it yourself they also make us travel back to years gone by to pay it! Quite funny really!
Taxes / Paying IMU from abroad by bank transfer
« Last post by GeordieBorn on November 14, 2018, 03:31:09 PM »
This question was asked on another forum and I thought the simple answer would be you can't. They asked if anyone knew the IBAN number to pay to and a reliable source came back that you need to ask the comune as each has it's own. This would indicate/imply you can pay by bank transfer? If so why do they not promote such to get money in quicker OR do they simply make more on fines ::) Anyone know the answer as I'm sure it would be helpful to a few people here.
Sales and purchases / Still looking for furniture for my house!
« Last post by marva on June 29, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
Hi all
I'm still looking for good quality furniture for my home in Italy!!! If anyone is looking for new homes for items such as sofa's, Beds wardrobes, chest of draws etc have sold a property or are just down sizing.... please do get in contact.

Many thanks
Sales and purchases / Re: need to transfer the house into my name
« Last post by marva on June 29, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
Cristina Mattei is brilliant!!!! I have used her on the purchase of my house and she was very approachable and efficient.
Sales and purchases / Re: need to transfer the house into my name
« Last post by PJM on June 28, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »
Many thanks GeordieBorn for your advice ..this lady you suggested is great and just what I need,she is sorting it all out for me.
Sales and purchases / Re: need to transfer the house into my name
« Last post by GeordieBorn on June 26, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »
I'm sure Cristina Mattei (solicitor Pescara - Email avvocato_mattei(AT) will give you an idea of what she would cost to help get it sorted. From what I've read elsewhere Levi is very right in saying it is not cheap to do so. If he is still about Marco Faieta (Notaio Pineto) was very nice and speaks very good English. Good luck!
Sales and purchases / Re: need to transfer the house into my name
« Last post by levissima on June 26, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »
Iíve only done a transfer into my name after my husband died, so a bit different. Youíll need a notaio, something which proves your ex relinquishes his half of the property, then it needs to be re-registered in your name on the cadastral register and you will have to pay the tax, as if youíd bought half the property. Itís not going to be cheap. You could try going to your local CAF office and see if they can help. They are a sort of citizens advice type thing and therefore cheaper than a notaio, although you might need a notaio anyway. Also pay attention that they transfer not only the house but also the land, which may be registered separately.

I donít know what you can do if your ex is uncooperative. Good luck.
Sales and purchases / need to transfer the house into my name
« Last post by PJM on June 25, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »
Can anyone help? I have a house that is in both names in Italy. Got divorced and paid him out (years ago) and just made an agreement it was mine with the grown up children and him  , not bothered about inheritance at the time but I am now as my ex got married last week end . I need to transfer the property legally into my name in Italy . I think I need a notary in the uk do this before I come to Italy and sort ..has anyone done this or can help.
Taxes / Re: Tax on becoming resident
« Last post by Jamcam on June 01, 2018, 02:43:04 PM »
Thanks again Levi yep the tax on rental property is a b.......r

And yes a commercialista near casoli would be great if anyone knows one
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10