Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Looking for nanny / baby sitter
« Last post by PJM on September 26, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »
I agree La Vigna.  I think looking for a nursery school is good advice.
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Looking for a long term rental
« Last post by barnaby on September 26, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »
Thank you all for your replies and useful comments, much appreciated!
« Last post by La Vigna on September 25, 2018, 08:04:40 PM »
Having spent the last 15 years of my career working with pre school children and undergoing  full training, I would say to take the utmost care in finding a child minder or nanny for your child. Are they experienced, registered, recommended, checked? I'm not sure how this all works in Italy but assume the same rules and regulations apply (EU 😉).  Not only from the childcare point of view but also for the minder. It's a big responsibility caring for a child and if something happens it can have serious consequences all round. Maybe you would be better off looking for a nursery? I had three children myself and would not leave them with anyone who didn't come highly recommended and able. Now I'm a grandparent I can't even imagine how I had the energy to look after one, let alone 3! Good luck!
« Last post by SaraMartignetti on September 25, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
Thanks a lot for your prompt replay

I know it is hard to find a nanny but I really do not need a live in situation. Also a part time job would be fine. For this reason I think to call an agency is not the right thing to do.

I really hope to find someone. Is a matter of life and death :)

But please, if you hear somebody or you know somebody that is looking for a job give them my contact.

Kind regards and thanks again I really appreciated
« Last post by Larfalot on September 21, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
Sorry, no-one I know was interested because its a young baby and they are hard work.  I think the advice given above is best - its best to seek out an official Nanny, one with training and passion for the role.  Good luck.
« Last post by Larfalot on September 21, 2018, 12:01:38 AM »
I will ask some friends if they are interested.
« Last post by levissima on September 20, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »
tartufa is right, a lot of us are retired, so not looking for work.

If you were to approach an agency in the UK I think theyd be looking for a live in situation.

Anyway, Ill put the word about and I hope you find someone.
« Last post by Tartufa on September 20, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
Ciao Sara.  Another Italian lady asked the same thing not that long ago. The reality is that most anglophones who live in this area don't come to work.  Mostly they are second home owners or retired people. It's possible that you might get a reply here, but I doubt it. You will more likely get a response going via a recognised agency in the UK. There are many online. I might be proved wrong. PS Complimenti per la tua padronanza d'Inglese!
Hello, I'm ..... / Looking for nanny / baby sitter
« Last post by SaraMartignetti on September 20, 2018, 01:17:58 PM »
Dear All,
I'm a 30 year old Italian woman living in Citt Sant'Angelo Marina close to the entrance of the highway Pescara Nord. My name is Sara.
Im looking for a native English speaking nanny/baby sitter who can take care of my daughter from March the 1st2019.
My daughter will be born on November so in March she will be a 3 month years old.
I need your service every day from Monday to Friday. It would be great to have also your availability on some Saturdays. The monthly salary needs to be discussed but as well as the salary all meals and all the activities/travel we will do together will be at my expense. This is not a live in situation.
Im talking about a long term job. I will also need you to travel with me and my daughter sometimes so it is important that we have a good relationship too.
The Baby Sitter will have to:
Look after the baby during the day
Change diapers
Play with the baby and keep company
Speak only in English
I live in a large villa with an indoor swimming pool so you can enjoy the pool together with my daughter. I have a big garden where you two can take walks (with the pushchair of course) and I have a cinema in my house.
I would be glad to show you my world if you want to visit me. Then we can talk about it further.
If you are interested in the job please do not hesitate to contact me at: +393494982173
Im looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Sara Martignetti
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Hello from Furci (CH)
« Last post by Larfalot on September 19, 2018, 11:08:51 PM »
All sounds fantastic. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10