Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flights / Re: Work on airport parking
« Last post by Rustychain on August 04, 2017, 10:18:36 PM »
I don't know the answer to your question but if it's an airport - airport service I suspect it pulls up inside; where the buses & taxis pull up.

I'd hope their website would provide some clarity.
Flights / Re: Work on airport parking
« Last post by Lui on August 04, 2017, 07:34:06 AM »
My other half has booked a Prontobus to Rome Ciampino/Fiumicino next week from Pescara airport. We've used Prontobus many times from the bus station but never from the airport before. Can someone tell me where the bus goes from exactly? Does it stop in the airport outside the front of the terminal or outside and will the pick up point be affected by the works going on with the parking?
Motoring / Re: Road at Rigopiano
« Last post by Cassius on August 03, 2017, 10:35:51 PM »
It was shut last week - will be pleased if it is now open,
« Last post by Lui on August 03, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
You've got to love a dreamer :-)
« Last post by Rustychain on August 03, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
When we go to Campo, we often go up past Castel del Monte then descend back down this road in question; down past the wrecked hotel & on to Farindola. That descent down through the forest would be utterly magical to do on a bicycle but the surface used to be so appallingly bad that I wondered if the US Air Force had used the road as target-practice.

Let's hope they've done some resurfacing while they've been clearing the road.
« Last post by Lui on August 03, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »
Yes, I searched the facebook page after reading Lois' post. It's a shame for all the people who relied on that roadlink that it took so many months to reopen it. From what I saw in the press the delay had little or nothing to do with the investigations into the tragedy there but was down to who was going to take responsibility for the work of clearing the road. Still, it's open now so that's good.
« Last post by Grimsby Ranger on August 03, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »
Here's a link to the facebook page, looks like they've opened it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108352833178113/?fref=nf
« Last post by Lui on August 03, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »
Good news Lois, thanks. The alternative route is about 2 and a half hours.
« Last post by Lois Lane on August 03, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
I believe it is now open. There is a Facebook page called ' Liberiamo rigopiano' which made a post this morning about the road now being open after 8 months with pictures.
Motoring / Road at Rigopiano
« Last post by Lui on August 03, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
The normal route we take to get to Campo Imperatore takes us through Rigopiano and we've had conflicting reports from neighbours about whether the road is now open or not. Has anyone been that way recently or definitively know one way or another if this route is open or closed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10