Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Residency / Re: Carta d'identita fingerprints
« Last post by Riso on Today at 12:48:00 PM »
Same as mine Levi just got new ID for new comuni thats bad enough wont tell you what we had to do to change ASL. Stone tablets seem a better alterative..
Residency / Re: Carta d'identita fingerprints
« Last post by levissima on Today at 10:13:46 AM »
I’ll be really interested to see how my comune copes with this technological innovation. They’ve only just upgraded from stone tablets to a dot matrix printer.
Residency / Carta d'identita fingerprints
« Last post by Relaxed on Yesterday at 07:05:12 PM »
A friend (UK) recently needed to renew his Italian carta d'identita, and was surprised to be asked to provide fingerprints.

These are taken, digitally, at the comune offices, if the comune is already doing 'electronic' cards. (Some comunes are not yet signed up to electronic cards, but they all will be before too long.)

You get a plastic card as well, with your photo on it, for the usual purposes, and this does not have your fingerprint on it. The fingerprints are held on a ministry of the interior database.

I checked. It's not discrimination against 'foreigners' - any Italian over the age of 12 also has to provide fingerprints for these 'electronic' cards. They are sometimes referred to as biometric cards.
General finance / Re: Private House purchase between UK citizens in Italy
« Last post by old timer on July 19, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »
If you are going to cut out the estate agent etc. please bear in mind that, I think I am correct in saying all bills electric, gas, mortgage belong to the house not the person. so if there are bills unpaid then they will be down to the owner. This can transfer to the new owner. I am sure If I am wrong somebody will correct it.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 19, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
I also would get in touch with a Notaio for concrete advice. We used this guy mfaieta@notariato.it (Marco Faieta). He speaks English and give us advice before buying via email, mind you he is based in Pineto. Oddly enough we were told just recently it is possible to use GBP, but you still have to use the official exchange at the point of sale to have Euro in the documentation. I would imagine you will also need the same evidence/number/reference of the transactions made.
« Last post by levissima on July 19, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
I would think your notaio is best to advise. It shouldn’t be too difficult because all you are doing is cutting out the estate agent.

Whoever is the buyer, should check at the comune that all is in order, but it’s best to do that whether an agent is involved or not.
General finance / Private House purchase between UK citizens in Italy
« Last post by Clive Oldfield on July 19, 2018, 10:20:21 AM »
Morning, can anyone advise the easiest and cheapest way to go about this? Can you draw up your own preliminary contract, leaving only the final contract with the notario? And...if it is possible to do the deal in sterling but obviously paying all taxes and fees in Euros. NB all the necessary paperwork is in order. We have an Italian friend (just qualified as a solicitor) helping with translations, and will be at our first meeting with our notario tomorrow. Thanks
Residency / Re: 'Early Retiree' - Healthcare
« Last post by Rustychain on May 12, 2018, 10:38:01 AM »
We never got around to getting our Tessera Sanataria's but decided to do so the other day. We were directed to the place in Penne by our local doctor but we too came up against the 5 year residency rule. We've actually been living here since March 2013 but it took almost 18 months to get the residency (Aug 2014 I think) so that's annoying. The sum appears to be €367pa. We might try our own commune to see if we can get a different answer...
Residency / Re: Wills
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 14, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »
A very important thing to do when making your own will is to hand write it, DO NOT type it out on a computer and then sign it, you must write your wishes in your own hand writing and remember you cannot usually write your children out of your will here unless you have provided for them elsewhere.
If you have done this you must add this to your will otherwise it can be contested, in other words you can write that your children (name them) will receive no part of the Italian inheritance because they have been provided with other inheritance in the UK, then name all of this.
If your partner passes away the property unless written differently the surviving partner will only get half of the deceased part of a property and the other half will be split evenly between children. If you are not married and bought with a partner and they pass away, unless written you will get no part of the deceased persons half, this will be split evenly between any children or be passed to other members of their family.

This is only a rough guide and obviously it i best to seek proper advice but for now write out a hand written will and tell people where it is so it can later be translated and handed to a Notary to be processed. Something written is much better than nothing.

These links would seem to indicate this is not correct and people may actually find the opposite applies.   Reading this first article then the link here  for the EU 2015 changes it indicates that hand written Wills may not be the safest, so certainly not complusary.
A search of “succession Italy” came up with this and a lot of other legal guys looking to make money – all in English. Ignoring they are trying to make a buck from it, they give a lot of good solid information on the subject which may be of some use.
... and a little reminder regards the old £10 note which goes on the 1st March this year (2018)!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10