Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TV / Re: Sky delete passcode
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 17, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
Try here, one post I saw said 1234 default, but others said it did not work! Another post indicated the only way was to ring them. Posts did indicate it has nothing to do with the user, some pins are set by defalut and to the value of an old card last 4,  which of sourse only works in the old box! :-X
« Last post by Rustychain on August 17, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, but 4 zeros doesn't work either. I've had a good look around & can't see a passcode reset option.

Looks like I'll have to try contacting Sky. "Good luck with that" I can hear you cry.

;D
« Last post by nil satis on August 17, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »
I think the default password is 4 x zero's
Internet connection / Re: wireless internet in casoli area
« Last post by Orbito on August 16, 2017, 04:20:33 AM »
For live BBC (or other UK channels) don't forget Rob's TV - https://robssatellitetv.com/ - no VPN needed.

« Last post by Relaxed on August 15, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
Geordie, I did have a very explanatory site about how the BBC iplayer 'assesses' vpns, but I've lost it!
Search on vpn and iplayer, and you'll find it.
It's not a BBC guy sitting there, it's about analysing the traffic from particular IP addresses. If a particular (vpn) IP address (or twenty), exhibits behaviour which persuades iplayer that it's looking at a vpn (contemporary hits, in the main) it blocks any IP.
This is very recent, and (being conspiratorial about this stuff) I find it difficult to believe this isn't down to upcoming EU legislation about freedom of access to digital media, and the absurd notion that the UK has already left the EU (which it hasn't, yet).
I would be delighted to throw 150 (the UK licence fee) towards the BBC so that I can watch their programmes - but I do not have the option of doing this. The BBC would be delighted to receive my 150, but they are not allowed to offer this to me. It's absurd. Some programmes, like Newsnight, do make much of their stuff available on YouTube, which is helpful (to me).
Filmon (fairly hefty subscription) makes live stuff available - but not the watch again options.
I'm mega pissed off with this.
« Last post by Rustychain on August 15, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »
Thanks Geordie. Yes, I have tried a reboot, to no avail. I'll have a look round for a password reset option, but I'd half expect it to ask me to input the current one first...?

I'll report back.
« Last post by old timer on August 15, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »
Hi I use mobile Internet via Tim. I purchase a month at a time and have done for the last few years. The speed is fine for email etc. I purchased 5 G which I fingers fine for Internet and email. I know i am notbis the same area as you, I am in montebello.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 15, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
I would have thought it easy for the BBC or any other company to stop/block any VPN connection. A little BBC guy sits there and signs up for each major VPN company and gets a list of the servers involved and they block any connection from them. As standard PureVPN give out none specified servers if you get in touch saying you can't get access to the BBC. I'm sure the BBC will of course catch up with these too, "cat & mouse" game with users stuck in the middle. Guess what is needed is your own VPN server running in the UK that you can connect to from here.
« Last post by Cassius on August 15, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
If your mention of using a vpn is so that you can watch the BBC, be aware that the iplayer is becoming cleverer by the day in detecting vpns being used by people outside the UK.

I used IPVanish for six weeks and iPlayer didn't seem to clock on but Sky did.
« Last post by Jamcam on August 15, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for the info. No the vpn is really only to support remote working via email  A3. Will see if micso and prog evo can provide. Ta
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10