Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Heating solutions / Re: Stufa gasket/rope
« Last post by Lui on October 09, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »
Thanks both. I've actually in the meantime finally got a response from an online retailer that has exactly what I want but I'll definitely try the place in Cesi as it's just down the hill. I'll let you know the details VV if I have no joy with Cesi or online. Thanks again.
 I'm hoping this may be a timely reminder as well for those who have stufe that these seals don't last forever ;)
« Last post by Vignaverde on October 09, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »
Where are you Lui? Do you have the measurement, I can ask the guy we use.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 09, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Have you tried the shop in Cesi next to De Santis, think they are actually the same people. Coming from Bisenti, trun right and I'm sure you will know the De Sactis tile place, but the next door along they sell gas piping etc. They may also sell that type of stuff, if not they may advise where to get it. A bit father afield and I'm not too sure exactly where in Montisilvano it is there is a shop that look like it sells all sorts of fire stuff. But I'm sure there must be something more local.

PS Not ideal, but just looked on  Amazon IT here and it might be  good last resort.
Heating solutions / Stufa gasket/rope
« Last post by Lui on October 09, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
Trying to sort out our wood burner for this winter and I'm struggling to find somewhere that has the correct gasket rope to fit to it. I've tried the ferramenta at Villa San Romualdo but they have nothing small enough for the glass seal on our door and neither do they have the tape that you bind around the cut ends of the gasket. With all the stufe around here I can't believe that there isn't somewhere out there with a decent range of stuff available. Any ideas?
Insurance / Re: Copelands removing earthquake cover
« Last post by PJM on October 08, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »
Many thanks Essex Red for the information. Pam
« Last post by Essex Red on October 08, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »
I recommend :

Schofields Underwriting Agencies
Trinity House, 7 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ.
T: 01204 365080  F: 01204 394346

Who we have used for the last 6 years. Good cover including earthquakes. However, most important from my perspective is that we had a big claim (10k) after a burglary 2 years ago  and they handled this superbly, speedy response, very fair settlement and no unrealistic demands for increased security or hike in premiums.
« Last post by PJM on October 05, 2017, 09:13:39 PM »
Roberson McIssac ltd are not doing my house insurance they have pasted it onto ACI ..they have sent me a quote and it doesn't included earthquake !!! I have been on to Intasure and they have quoted ..any advice ..who do you insure with?Pamela
Sales and purchases / Re: Selling your house in Italy
« Last post by Vignaverde on September 14, 2017, 06:47:47 AM »
Another good investment would be student rent in Pescara PJM. You get excellent rent though the year then usually you boot the students out for most of june, all of july and august then take these months as holiday rentals.  :)
« Last post by PJM on September 14, 2017, 01:46:21 AM »
We all make mistakes when following our hearts but I think buying any house(home) and also in Abruzzo is similar to buying in the Uk apart from(investment ) we don't have the background knowledge of the Italy and we are usually in the sun and in a hurry. In the Uk we have time to ask about the area ,check the prices ( thats hard in Abruzzo ). I have sat in my car for hours outside a cottage I wanted to buy in the UK ..looking to see the neighbours , vans parking etc Not that time when buying abroad.

I never bought in Italy expecting the price to rise like the Uk ..it wasn't an investment a dream.it has been a good investment and several past renters have asked to buy it ..no way am I selling yet, I will wait until my I can't climb the steps onto Ryainair.

I meet people from the Uk who are doing up houses in the village as an investment ..I usually reply think carefully it's not an investment like the UK ..if you want an investment then buy a student house in the UK !!

I just think after friends talking who are full time in Italy it's the British things they miss especially in the winter , cinema , theatre etc . Well if you ask me what I would miss about the UK it's village life and the WI ..family ! So many times I think about moving full time to Italy but something stops me ..but on the grey winter days or times I have been in the wet Uk in August I could jump on a plane .
So if you do move back to the Uk it's just like living Italy and if you don't find the right place..buy and be short of money  it could be as disappointing as living in Italy as for some of you who post on this site  ..apart from you will have rain and not the sun.
I am sure the area has many successful stories and many that are not successful  ..thats life !!
« Last post by levissima on September 13, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »
My post wasn't directed at you David, just a general observation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10