Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Snow shovels to the ready!
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 11:57:49 PM »
We have about 1/2 a centimetre now, roads still clear and wet but my gate had frozen shut. Both bars closed early. They’re not going to be caught out again!
« Last post by Venatore on Yesterday at 11:25:22 PM »
Should have said Pettorano
V.
« Last post by Venatore on Yesterday at 11:20:03 PM »
Snowed all day and predicted -20! Tuesday night.
Brrr!
V.
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 06:04:12 PM »
Still no sign of the white stuff. I have a very upset son who may have to go to school tomorrow! Can you take your dog out Levi  ;D ;)
General Discussion / Re: Any advice on giving up my residency.
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 06:02:00 PM »
Not sure what you mean Geordieborn. My point was if it was so easy to become resident to save potentially thousands in a  purchase and then give up the residency the day after then everyone would do it. It would be a no brainer way of saving thousands so I am fairly confident the Italian government would have thought of this as a scenario.
I can only post what I know and considering I heard it from the horses mouth I would happily follow their instructions.

JDalts does right to check with the Notary but to be 100 percents urge i old also call your local tax office or sty quiet until the 5 years passes  ;D ;)
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 05:49:07 PM »
There are loads of documents on the AdS site to do with "agevolazione prima casa", but

a) my Italian is nowhere near good enough to read it
b) there is far too much

I would go along with Relaxed post as it has the extra deail regards the CGT, my late finding was "5 years OR for more than half the time you have been resident on a prima casa".
The 12 months I think you will find is to do with  "agevolazione prima casa" which is lost forever if you sell and do not buy within the 12 months.
It would be nice for someone to find the/a "offical" link that provides clarification of the "agevolazione prima casa". I'm not so sure everyone would not buy then give up residency as they must do so within 18 months, it costs money and time to do so and they will then have to pay IMU, TASI and their TARI (if lucky they may get this cheaper). In addition any utilities residence based would have to be changed. That's all without the problems of staying here with a car...
Markets and other shops / Re: antique/vintage
« Last post by superman on Yesterday at 05:39:38 PM »
Portabello has now moved into what was the chinese shop at the front now it is next to the road with a car park in front

« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 05:28:21 PM »
Posted too quick!!!! Likewise if you sell (within 5 years)  you must buy another house within a year otherwise same rules apply.
I believe the capital gains tax rules my also depend if you buy another place within 1 year but I would need to check on that. A quick call to the tax office will answer all your questions.
Markets and other shops / Re: antique/vintage
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 05:28:17 PM »
Well done DV, I had forgotten those 2 shops (now one) sold such stuff. Portobello I recall is quite hard to spot as it's sign is on the main road, but it is hidden behind the houses. For anyone looking for such places, last time we went along it there was one just before the motorway bridge on Via Vestina.
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 05:22:59 PM »
If that was the case everyone would buy a house as residents, become resident to satisfy the lower tax then cancel residency! We had information from the agenzia di entrate in Vasto that you would have to pay the difference in what you saved and possible fine (usually applied if you don't admit it) of 30% of the difference between the higher and lower tax rate. If 5 years pass there is nothing to pay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10