Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flights / Re: Ryanair’s New Carry-On Bag Policy from 15th Jan 18
« Last post by nil satis on February 16, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
We too travelled back to Bologna and back from Pescara recently and didn't have any problems I took a large rucksack which I took on board and my wife had a hand luggage case that was put in the hold. we only had to wait for less than 10 mins at Stansted to pick up her bag and that was only because there was no queue at passport control.

Could someone clarify the weight limit of hand luggage is it 10kg or 20kg, its not for me but for a friend who is coming to Vasto in the summer and that will be a question in another thread  :)

Thanks
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 14, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »
Thanks for the update RM, at least we know now what to expect at the Stansted end next time we are there!
« Last post by Red Mistral on February 14, 2018, 07:38:01 AM »
Me again! After my contribution last week, I had to fly home urgently on Saturday with Ryanair. I tend to agree that they do provide a good service albeit on a ‘local bus’ level, and these changes will annoy people and I feel could be introduced better.
Anyway, when we arrived at Pescara on Saturday, we found that we had the pleasure of travelling with a quite large school party. These kids were all in the queue to check in baggage. We felt we’d be there a while! However, they were actually ‘checking in’ their cabin bags, getting them weighed and tagged. They were subsequently relieved of them as they exited the departure lounge and loaded into the hold. We were in the line for about 25 minutes, whereas pre new baggage policy there were only people at the desk with hold luggage and we got through a lot quicker. Be prepared for longer queues folks!

OK, have now returned from UK and seen the new process from Stansted side. Unlike Pescara, there was no ‘check in’ of cabin bags at bag drop. Rather, at the gate all non Priority ticket holders had their bags tagged and they were taken off them just before they boarded the aircraft for loading into the hold. Have to say this worked quite well and there was little disruption once on board, except for numerous couples trying to reunite, having been separated by the new seating allocation system! One other thing I did observe was some of the aforementioned non Priority passengers, having been ‘tagged’ at the gate, whilst going down the stairs to the apron, were removing said tags and carrying their bags onboard. Didn’t take long to find a way around that system did it?
« Last post by SALCIM on February 07, 2018, 11:32:34 PM »
Good to see Linsead back in the fray!!!
« Last post by Red Mistral on February 06, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
Me again! After my contribution last week, I had to fly home urgently on Saturday with Ryanair. I tend to agree that they do provide a good service albeit on a ‘local bus’ level, and these changes will annoy people and I feel could be introduced better.
Anyway, when we arrived at Pescara on Saturday, we found that we had the pleasure of travelling with a quite large school party. These kids were all in the queue to check in baggage. We felt we’d be there a while! However, they were actually ‘checking in’ their cabin bags, getting them weighed and tagged. They were subsequently relieved of them as they exited the departure lounge and loaded into the hold. We were in the line for about 25 minutes, whereas pre new baggage policy there were only people at the desk with hold luggage and we got through a lot quicker. Be prepared for longer queues folks!

« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 06, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
Well you can even tke your car with this lot!
« Last post by randyhos on February 06, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »
OK... I'm quiet on this forum, dropping by every so often just for fun... but - 

This post is comical! How in the world can aytone complain about a flight that costs less than a pack of beer and/or a sandwich! Seriously?
I'm no great fan of Ryanair, but as someone else said - if you want the fluff and pampering - go ahead, book Alitalia or some other "regular" carrier - then bitch about the cost! Cheap travel - that's all Ryan is... a plane under your butt.. nothing more.

Just my two cents worth - R  ;D
« Last post by 2Heads on February 06, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
I'm not bashing Ryanair (I wouldn't have a house in Abruzzo if they'd never flown to Pescara) I just don't think any airline should be splitting up people on purpose - and by the look of it Emirates are almost as bad as Ryanair at doing it.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 06, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »
I think you will find that the 2-3 hours was to get all your free luggage in the hold...  ;D Whilst I really agree the old days were not that good in terms of price and being at the airport 2 hours before, that's about it! Even the latter is questionable with the security aspect these days. I bow down to Ryanair and am really grateful for them for staying in Pescara 'cos they make lots of money on it one way or another. I don't think for one moment we would be too put out if they left as it's a great route and would be filled by another airline. Oh and this is how good and clear the RA site is...
« Last post by Lui on February 06, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
I'm getting really fed up with people bashing Ryanair. Let them close down and then see what your options are and how expensive it'll become. Their website is clear and easy to follow even for old duffers like us. Quite a lot of people probably wouldn't be here, in Abruzzo,  if it were not for Ryanair making it cheap and easy to fly back to the U.K. at the drop of a hat. As for air travel being a pleasure back in the day I remember in 1985 flying Manchester to Chicago with American Airlines (scheduled) we had to check in 3 hours before the flight and after a 10 hour flight we waited an hour and a half to get through immigration at O'Hare, which we were reliably informed was much quicker than could be expected at Kennedy N.Y.C. The only advantage flying in 'the old days' was that one could have a fag! It was always more expensive and drawn out. Also you couldn't do the booking, you'd have to go to a travel agent who would maybe give you 2 alternatives if you were lucky which may or may not have been the most economic, you never knew. At least now you can see the choices and make one. If you don't like the prices at Waitrose go to Aldi but don't expect the same range or quality. Leave Ryanair alone. We love 'em.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10