Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
All about renovation / Re: Plasterer needed..!!
« Last post by PJM on April 12, 2018, 12:59:36 AM »
I have a guy who does building work for me he lives near L'Aquila osmanicostruzioni@gmail.com he is the most amazing guy I e mail him before I arrive and he just comes over  ..built garden walls etc . I came in March and his guys turned up on the day did my cantina out cement floor etc  asked him for a price for rendering the house ..they just did it and he said pay me next year will pay him in July . They did the same two years ago built me a patio and just pay next time you are out .Had a leak in the roof and they arrived that evening and just fixed it . He is not Italian! from Macedonia . He has a team and they just turn up very clean and always deliver. I don't have the time when I am around to get quotes !I think he works on big projects in the area but if he has a few days when his team are free they will do the work . They are amazing I couldn't get this service in the Uk. The work is just wonderful they arrived when I had double 32 foot of walls to be built after a land slide ..I watched them they chose every bit of stone they had delivered  from the Sasso ..perfection ! Just lovely people ..my friends now Pamela 
All about renovation / Plasterer needed..!!
« Last post by Murphy123 on April 09, 2018, 09:18:57 AM »
Does anyone know of a decent plasterer in the Penne area...? 
All about renovation / Re: wood burner internal chimney
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 16, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
Thanks for the update DV. Sounds very similar to the UK where we were looking at the same a few years ago. There seems to be a number of links like this one where they quote various regulations that seem similar.
« Last post by dolcevita on February 16, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
As an update our builder is taking me to a factory in Sulmona where they make quality double insulated chimney pipe. The builder is going to make the holes in roof and first floor to take this chimney which will all be internal apart from the last part which must be 2 meters above the high point of the roof.If you have a chimney that is less than this (lots of UK houses seem to) you will not get a good draw on the stove.

We can have a single pipe until it has to pass through any ceiling then it must be double. Joining a single with double can look a bit ugly but a double pipe on a small stove can also look odd so we still need to figure this all out.

The advantage of having the pipe inside is to provide some extra heat and that it is easier to light a fire with a warmer chimney.

We need a cert if we sell the house to prove chimney and fire are safe.
« Last post by Rustychain on January 03, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »
I'd be interested in a decent fitter too.

We had our stuffa fitted a couple of years ago & it burns fine, there's no wood smell in the house, BUT we get a lot of soot coming back down the chimney & into the lounge, we sometimes get water leaking out of the chimney & the whole area of the ceiling around the chimney is discoloured & breaking up. In other words, the guy that fitted it clearly didn't know what he was doing....

I suppose we could call into a stuffa supplier & see if they can check it out for us but I'd like to see if there's anyone on here that can do it first.
All about renovation / Re: JCB 8015 Digger for sale
« Last post by tandp on November 24, 2017, 10:24:53 AM »
Hi Will can you pm me please?
All about renovation / Maiella stone for walls
« Last post by Magnaub on October 30, 2017, 08:09:45 PM »
Hello,

I've read a few comments regarding the difficulties with 'Hardcore' and I'm facing the same old problem.
Having replaced a dilapidated stone building with an entirely new structure we now have the small matter of several (!!!) tons of so-called 'hardcore' lying in the garden.
Now, if I say hardcore it's actually really lovely Maiella stone some of which we used to build our new house and it looks stunning (sorry the picture link didn't work so I can send one if you'd like to see it).
However, after finishing the house there's still masses of the stuff left. It's a mixture of sand and stone so can either be used as landfill or to construct wonderful walls in drywall, in wire cages or as solid masonry.
Now, if anybody wants it, or at least some of it then let me know. It's free, you just need to come and get it picked up from Palombaro near Casoli.
Alternatively I've been trying to find the 'recycling' place near Guardiagrele that was mentioned in one of the previous posts but I didn't have any luck. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks for reading
Magnus
All about renovation / wood burner internal chimney
« Last post by dolcevita on October 05, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
Anyone know or can recommend a fitter?

After saying there are not any regs in Italy (untrue you need a certificate and have the installation checked as in UK ) I have lost faith in my usual team and am looking for someone who specializes in this work.

I am ordering all the kit separately as I want a very high quality twin walled kit and something that clips together avoiding leaks in cheaper kit and also as the house can get damp in the winter when we are not there the chimney needs to resist rusting.

thanks
All about renovation / Re: english speaking geometra
« Last post by Jamcam on September 14, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »
Many thanks

Will contact him and any other suggestions..... dont hold back !,,

All about renovation / Re: english speaking geometra
« Last post by SALCIM on September 14, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
I can recommend Gianmarco Poli at Abbruzzo Project (http://www.abruzzoproject.com/)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10