Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
All about renovation / Re: Staircase in Celano
« Last post by Venatore on July 28, 2017, 01:41:24 AM »
Mighty purdy Shiney beast.
V.
« Last post by Orbito on July 27, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
Absolutely stunning!
All about renovation / Re: New law for Abruzzo
« Last post by Rustychain on July 27, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
That's very helpful; thanks for posting. We've been toying for a while with the idea of converting our garage into living space & rebuilding a ruin in the garden to act as a garage.

We're still in 2 minds about it but knowing that we wouldn't have to face the dreaded bureaucracy is a nice incentive.
« Last post by Rustychain on July 27, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »
Having commissioned shiny beast to do some (rather more modest) work for us, I can vouch for the quality of his workmanship. Highly recommended.
All about renovation / Re: New law for Abruzzo
« Last post by tobylap on July 27, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
Does that include soffitta(attics)?
All about renovation / New law for Abruzzo
« Last post by Vignaverde on July 27, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
A new law has now been passed which basically allows garages, cantinas, outbuildings etc etc to be converted into living space. In the past this has been allowed in some areas and as we know laws vary from council to council but this is a new law covering the whole of Abruzzo. Obviously it is always best to get advice from a professional but it is great news for home owners.

A big part of the idea is to allow families to increase their living space to house family both young and old. A lot of the red tape will disappear and permission will be pretty much guaranteed.

http://www.primadanoi.it/news/politica/573594/la-nuova-legge-abruzzese-garage-e-magazzini-ora-diventano-abitabili.html
« Last post by Vignaverde on July 27, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »
Wow fantastic work  :)
« Last post by levissima on July 27, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
Beautiful work!

No problem with your posting, the anti advertising is really to stop posters who contribute nothing except plugs for their own business. It's nice to know that the forum network works quietly in the background and you got a commission and they got such a beautiful staircase. Win, win!
All about renovation / Staircase in Celano
« Last post by shiny beast on July 27, 2017, 10:01:35 AM »
I don't know if I'm allowed to post photos of my own work here but considering the job came from a recommendation on this forum I suppose it could be of interest to somebody  :) Thanks to whoever recommended me and here is the result  :-*
All about renovation / Looking for Registered Builder
« Last post by waveyb on July 13, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
Hi we are new to the area and we are looking for a registered builder to quote for some building work we require, the type of work we require to be done is roof repairs, new guttering, external rendering, internal plastering, electrical work and a few other bits. Any recommendations for good builders would be gratefully received, we are located a few KM from Pianella thanks dave
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10