Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Re: Perpetual shopping
« Last post by PJM on April 18, 2017, 12:35:04 AM »
Put fresh parsley in ice cube trays and freeze to use in cooking .
« Last post by PJM on April 18, 2017, 12:31:13 AM »
Left over lemon, slice it and put it in the freezer , add to gin and tonic for iced drink . Herbs freeze yes they don't do well and look grotty but still taste good , put basil wrap in foil.. can be frozen and added to pasta sauces . Tip I got from my Italian neighbour . Frozen fish I cook from frozen in a sauce in the oven , just fry onions, peppers etc bung it all with tin toms takes about 45.50 mins depending on oven .
« Last post by RedSauce on April 16, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Pretty much everything we have to eat at home nowadays is at some point or part, leftovers !!

But I luv em ! :P

RedS
« Last post by Cassius on April 15, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »
I was with you, up until you said "I have some left over gin"

:D
« Last post by Cesare Rinato on April 15, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »
I was with you, up until you said "I have some left over gin"
« Last post by Orbito on April 14, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
LOL!

I'm the same with veg - buy some, make a veg stew, don't finish it, add more veg - and repeat - until the original veg have disappeared completely :D
« Last post by Olive Oyl on April 14, 2017, 09:36:48 AM »
 :D :D :D
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Perpetual shopping
« Last post by levissima on April 14, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Am I the only one that does this?

I have a piece of fish in the freezer I want to use up. I like parsley sauce so I buy a parsley plant. Now my parsley plant has grown huge and I don't want to waste it so I buy some calamari and make a brodo, but I have some calamari left that I don't want to waste so I'll fry it, but then I need a lemon. I have half a lemon left over, I don't want to waste it, so I buy some gin and tonic. I have some gin left and I don't want to waste it, so I buy some more tonic and another lemon, I have some lemon left and I don't want to waste it so I buy some fish..........

I wonder how much money I'd save by throwing leftovers in the bin!
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Re: Palermo
« Last post by Molino on March 29, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »
Here's a link..

http://www.jetcost.it/voli-pescara-palermo.html?gclid=CJD4saGn-dICFYUaGwodczMJ4w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks, just checked out the link and it appears that the flight from Pescara is actually to Milan Linate then a wait of one hour or so to change planes and then another flight from Milan to Palermo. There are no direct flights from Pescara to Palermo, in which case you might as well fly from Rome!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10