Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
L'Aquila / Wine Tasting, Cooking Class, Foody Tasting Tour & Photography Experience
« Last post by Tartufa on April 03, 2017, 07:08:39 AM »
These are the 4 experiences we run year round in Sulmona but this week we're running all four!  It's our 'Settimana Ovidiana' here - the big kick-off for the Bimillenium celebrations of the death of Ovid. Wine tasting is Tuesday (tomorrow) and Friday evening, Cooking Wednesday morning, Photography tomorrow morning and the Foody Tasting tour is on Thursday.  I've attached the flyer for this particular week but the info is also here on our website if you want to come another time - we're here!  http://welcometosulmona.com/experiences/Oh and if you are interested in the Bimillenium itself here is their website:http://www.bimillenariovidiano.it
L'Aquila / English Language Film Night - Run Fatboy, Run
« Last post by Tartufa on January 07, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »
We had a trial run with this just before Christmas (with Love Actually) and it was a great success with about 25 people - mainly local Italians but some local anglophones as well. We are going to try to show a film monthly if we can. The idea is to show an English language film with English subtitles for those learning English.  It's also a good opportunity for those of us who fancy a night out and a chance to mix with Italians.

It's held in the private screening room of Sulmona Cinema which seats about 30. The screen is plenty large enough with a good sound system too. You need to be a member of Sulmona Cinema though at a cost of €10. At some stage we may charge a few euros entrance but right now it's a private screening for members only. Hope to see some of you there!

Chieti / Re: Lanciano Festa
« Last post by nil satis on September 13, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
Don't know aboutparking etc but I just bumped into someone who told me he is staying in Lanciano all weekend for the Festa
Chieti / Lanciano Festa
« Last post by Jeanie B on September 13, 2016, 03:03:56 PM »
Hi, we are over for a short break this weekend from 14th September, please could any advise if this coming weekend is the 3 day festa in Lanciano?
If so any advice on day to go parking ect ......... thanks
Pescara / Re: Metamorphosis Beyond The Shape - Art Exhibition in Pescara
« Last post by dolcevita on August 02, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
“Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all.”
"Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you.”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses
« Last post by Relaxed on August 02, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
Thanks for that - I did know about both the confetti and the red garlic, but I'd no idea that it was the birthplace of Ovid.

I hope the festival takes off, and is a success.
« Last post by Tartufa on August 02, 2016, 06:09:40 AM »
Thanks Shebar.  It's one of the things Sulmona is most proud of (including confetti, Pope Celestino V, red garlic and of course Nicole Tuzzi) but something that is not widely known if you are not Italian or a classicist.  The 2000th anniversary of his death next year should be a big deal but various projects are stumbling due to lack of adequate funding.  We now have a new mayor here and she has a strong bias towards supporting tourism projects (well - shouldn't they all?) so we are hopeful of rabbits and hats.  Watch this space...
« Last post by Shebar on August 01, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »
« Last post by Relaxed on August 01, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »
Does Ovid have a particular significance for Sulmona/Abruzzo? (Just asking out of interest and ignorance!)
« Last post by dolcevita on August 01, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
Great it sounds really interesting and I'm so glad to see that Ovid is going to be drawing in the crowds even if Agent Orange isn't going to be able to make it and will I am sure be missed ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10