Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pescara / Re: Swimming
« Last post by levissima on June 15, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »
I donít know the reason for this closure but often itís around where rivers enter the sea. Thereís been so much rain recently, who knows whatís been washed down into the sea.
Pescara / Re: Swimming
« Last post by GeordieBorn on June 15, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
Thanks Levi. It's a shame they don't say why...
Pescara / Swimming
« Last post by levissima on June 14, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »
The Mayor of Pescara gphas introduced a temporary swimming ban at http://www.abruzzolive.it/?p=90728

Its always a good idea to check for this type of thing before setting out for a day at the beach.
L'Aquila / Re: English Language Guided Tour of Campo 78 in Sulmona
« Last post by Tartufa on June 11, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »
Each opening of the camp is by request - often from a visiting relative of a former prisoner.  It is a formal request made to the military and needs to be made well in advance.  A marasciallo then drives out from Chieti on the day to open it up. The guides and interpreters are all volunteers - I've done it a few times but I'm vernally too busy now.  There is a whip round at the end for donations to go to camp maintenance and repair.  There are normally 3 or 4 visits every year and the dates are always random with little notice.
« Last post by levissima on June 10, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »
I canít get there, but I really hope you get a good turn out. For others considering going, grab it while you can, Iím sure itíll be fascinating.
« Last post by Tartufa on June 10, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »
It does seem that every time there is a guided tour someone on here is interested. If you are waiting for a convenient date, it would make sense to follow the organisers on Facebook. They are called Una Fondazione per La Morrone. I can't guarantee that I will always be able to publish the full calendar for them.
« Last post by Brush Strokes on June 09, 2018, 12:22:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I would love to go on one of these tours, but sadly can't make Monday. Fingers crossed for next time.

Hope it is well attended.
L'Aquila / English Language Guided Tour of Campo 78 in Sulmona
« Last post by Tartufa on June 08, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Guided tour of Campo 78 on Monday June 11th (a.m.) with English language interpreter. If you have not visited the camp yet, do make time to go along. It is a fascinating local story and very much part of Sulmona's history. More info on the camp is available here: http://welcometosulmona.com/visiting-campo-78/

FB Event:  https://www.facebook.com/WelcometoSulmona/
Teramo / Friday 1 st June
« Last post by levissima on May 31, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »
Tomorrow in Montefino the school children will be performing a ďspetacoloĒ in the woods below the town.

The comune has cleared a path down into the woods and a sort of amphitheater in a clearing. Iíve no idea what the performance will be like but the location is spectacular in itself.

Itís all due to happen at 6 pm if anyone is interested in coming. Wear good walking shoes!
Events and feste / Re: Capestrano
« Last post by PJM on May 21, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »
23 to 26 August 2018 the film festival Capestrano.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10