Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Hot!
« Last post by Orbito on Yesterday at 08:50:28 PM »
At least we're not in Arizona, where it's currently 47 degrees and street signs are melting - http://www.boredpanda.com/hot-arizona-phoenix-heatwave-high-temperature-melting/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook
« Last post by Lola on Yesterday at 06:07:44 PM »
Don't know where you were in the UK earlier this week Casey Jones but London and the south of England were well into the 30's. So far it's been the hottest June since 1976. Chilly and damp today though.
« Last post by Orbito on Yesterday at 08:34:18 AM »
Yes, good advice to keep a close eye on your pets. My smaller cat is normally pretty good at drinking water but, despite that, has become badly constipated and is now getting laxatives (my first experience of buying pet meds from a pharmacy!) - hopefully the 'magic' will happen today!  ???
« Last post by Relaxed on Yesterday at 12:35:44 AM »
Good advice, drinking lots of water - but also keep your 'devices' cool! Leave the smartphone/tablet in a draught - lift the laptop off the table with whatever - encourage any air circulation you can manage.
Look at your cats - they are sheltering under cars! Make sure your pets (like you) have abundant water
« Last post by levissima on June 23, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
Very hot temperatures expected in Abruzzo this weekend.

Just a reminder to drink lots (water is recommended😉). Dehydration can make you really ill.

☀️☀️☀️
« Last post by Casey Jones on June 23, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
Well the UK did have a week of temperatures in the high twenties. Usual "Britain Swelters" headlines and pictures of bronze British bodies on Bournemouth beach in the tabloids for a few days but its now back to 20 degs with a cool 16 degs forecast for the weekend!

Whereas Abruzzo has 36 degs forecast for next week, now that's sweltering.
Extreme weather warnings / oooh snow
« Last post by popinjaykev on June 20, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »
what a lovely thought snow snow snow  8)
Extreme weather warnings / Hot!
« Last post by levissima on June 20, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
Doesn't often happen but I think ( from the uk news) both those in the Uk and we in Italy are HOT!

I've just wandered out onto my terrace in bare feet and had to hop and skip back in again, smartish, as the soles of my feet sizzled on the paving!

I like to post about it so in the depth of winter, when there's several feet of snow outside, I can remember.
Extreme weather warnings / Marzo / March
« Last post by Rustychain on March 31, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
As it draws to a glorious close I think we'd have to award March 10 / 10 this year. My wobble memory tells me that last March was very wet & cold and yet 2017's rendition has been warm, sunny, calm & utterly wonderful.

Well done March!
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Spring is in the air
« Last post by rsetzer99 on March 12, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
This is a windy place at that! Some nice howling winds through the narrow streets a week ago here in Casalanguida. However the spring bulbs are starting to pop up all over and about half the trees are really starting to leaf out. People are coming back outside blinking in the bright sun. Having begun our time here in what has been one of the more severe winters in a while, we are enjoying the change to primavera.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10