Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Extreme weather warnings / Marzo / March
« Last post by Rustychain on March 31, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
As it draws to a glorious close I think we'd have to award March 10 / 10 this year. My wobble memory tells me that last March was very wet & cold and yet 2017's rendition has been warm, sunny, calm & utterly wonderful.

Well done March!
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Spring is in the air
« Last post by rsetzer99 on March 12, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
This is a windy place at that! Some nice howling winds through the narrow streets a week ago here in Casalanguida. However the spring bulbs are starting to pop up all over and about half the trees are really starting to leaf out. People are coming back outside blinking in the bright sun. Having begun our time here in what has been one of the more severe winters in a while, we are enjoying the change to primavera.
« Last post by Mike E on March 11, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
Not in Civitella Casanova today either. Only 5 degrees and hail earlier. Very strong winds so not much being done outside today.
« Last post by PJM on March 11, 2017, 03:22:08 AM »
Not in the uk !!!
« Last post by thediggers on March 10, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »
.. and two swallows yesterday afternoon...
Extreme weather warnings / Spring is in the air
« Last post by Relaxed on March 10, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »
I couldn't hear myself think this morning - there was such a row coming from all sorts of birds twittering away in the trees opposite.

It took me a while to realise that the decibel level was through the roof because I had the window open  :)  to warm up the house!

Must go and buy some compost now to repot some plants which have gone mad with joy - I should have done it last week, it's too hot to do anything outside between midday and four o'clock; in March!

Extreme weather warnings / Re: Better late than never!
« Last post by Shebar on February 09, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
Extremes seem to be becoming normal.  At least there is some reaction to this.
Extreme weather warnings / Better late than never!
« Last post by levissima on February 09, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Snow on its way
« Last post by Shebar on January 17, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »
It must be pretty bad, the national press doesn't normally worry about Abruzzo...

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/17_gennaio_17/ancora-neve-paesi-terremoto-abruzzo-300mila-persone-buio-5f486bb4-dcaa-11e6-8f57-4c08b8d088ab.shtml

I've got steady rain here now - hopefully the temperature will stay above zero and all will be well by morning.
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Snow on its way
« Last post by rsetzer99 on January 17, 2017, 07:12:14 PM »
Wow! I have a little Peugeot that looks just like that! :)

Power finally back on. It was odd because the power was out, but not totally. Very low voltage. Lights would turn on at a very low level. Not enough to run any appliance though. Ok, rain on the way, and then the next week its warming up. Maybe we have turned a corner. Next year, perhaps the month of January is a good time to take an off season holiday let down south.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10