Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Recommendations / Agricalanco
« Last post by levissima on September 21, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
Agricalanco is a restaurant in Castilenti, down a side road opposite 'Greenland', for those who know that restaurant.

It's a new building and a little barn like but nicely done with some quirky features. There is a big outside space for al fresco eating.

Last night I sampled the chefs choice menu. Large number of tasty antipasti, followed by gnocchi with saffron and truffle, topped with crispy bacon. Seconds of lamb and pork kebabs with different BBQ sauces. Wine and water 20.

We indulged ourselves with dolce, which was extra but worth it. Chocolate brownies and a sort of very upmarket Swiss roll.

A very pleasant evening and another one to add to the list.

Agricalanco
Via Ruote Fino 19
Castilenti
(TE)

391 1501414. 320 0538327

Www.facebook.com/agricalanco

Closed either Tuesday or Wednesday - best to give them a call first if you intend to go on either day, just to be sure.
Recommendations / Tholos
« Last post by rometony on September 12, 2016, 08:17:58 PM »

Had a great lunch here back in May and forgot to post
http://agriparktholos.com/

Its near Roccamorrice and area I really like and great in the Autumn ,you can see the climbers on the rocks or visit one of the hermitages.

They were some Donkeys too which were really child friendly.
t
Recommendations / Re: Ristorante Tosto, Atri (TE)
« Last post by Tartufa on May 14, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Thanks for the review Levi. The bit that made me laugh was 'Love in Purgatory'.  Eggs in Purgatory is one of our favourite 'ops there's no food in the house' dishes and Nigella does a splendid version too.  Somehow 'uova' must have ended up as 'love'.   :-\
Recommendations / Ristorante Tosto, Atri (TE)
« Last post by levissima on May 13, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1078174-d6721110-Reviews-Tosto-Atri_Province_of_Teramo_Abruzzo.html

If you are looking for something a bit different you might enjoy eating here.

The food is much more "fine dining" than the usual fare. Imaginative, visually beautiful and delicious dishes. Watch out if you really don't like liquorice and expect to pay quite a bit more for a different experience.

The restaurant is set out in modern, clean lines within a beautifully restored vaulted ceilings. There is a tasting menu available at 35 a head,,offering two antipasti, primo, secondo and dolce but this is only if the whole table orders, otherwise the menu comprises about 5 choices for each course.

The waiting staff (when I was there) speak no English and some of the dishes are a little hard to guess from their description "love in Purgatory" (eggs in a tomato sauce).

There was only one other couple there on the night I went so I hope that they can manage to keep going, especially as there was a throng of people at the pizzeria we walked past on the way back to the car 😊

Recommendations / Need help?
« Last post by iggle piggle on May 12, 2016, 03:37:28 PM »
I have an Italian friend who is looking for any kind of odd job type work including cleaning, washing, ironing, watering the garden, babysitting etc.  She would also be very good if you need help with Italian conversation because she is incredibly patient!
She lives in the Castiglione Messer Raimondo/Bisenti area.

I have known her for 7 years and she is totally reliable and trustworthy.  She would also charge very reasonable rates.
She understands some English although doesn't really speak it.
If you want to get in contact with her, please pm me and I can give you her phone number.  Alternatively, I can contact her on your behalf and help with introductions.
Recommendations / Re: La Pantera Rosa
« Last post by levissima on March 06, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
I went to the opening of this restaurant last night, there must have been about 500 people there, cars parked all along the roads. The food was buffet style so although very good not representative of a restaurant meal.

I think it's going to be very popular so if you want to go, I'd advise ringing first. There is a link to their Facebook page in a previous post.
« Last post by levissima on February 11, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
I've just spoken with my neighbour, who informs me the inorgrial opening is on 5 March and everyone is welcome to come and sample the menu.

Also on their Facebook page ( link in first post) they have published the menu for Festa Della Donna on 8 March.

« Last post by levissima on February 10, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »
The original owners retired, then leased the restaurant to someone else, who made a bit of a hash of things - probably they were running it when Superman went there. Now it's being reopened by the original owners daughter, and it was she who cooked the pasta in the 'old days'. She's a fantastic cook and I've been lucky enough to sample her cooking often over the years because she's my next door neighbour :)
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on February 10, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
We took my father there back in the days when it was still good, he liked the pasta so much that he insisted that we go back the next day for more, and he is Italian.

I think that Mr Superman visited after the owner had left and had started letting it to some other.  I stand to be corrected, but I think the changeover to the worse was about 7 or 8 years ago?
« Last post by superman on February 10, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
How experiences can be different Levi.  Next to the uncooked pizza I had in Montisilvano which was sent back, the worst meal I have ever had in Italy was in La Pantera Rosa.    But it was about three weeks before it closed and has been now shut for several years. I am told the original owner now has dementia so it must be a new proprietor and I will certainly give it a try. Hopefully it will be better than Mario's quantity over quality 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10