Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Eating weeds
« Last post by Relaxed on March 25, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
I have my suspicions about these weeds, I suspect they may contain illegal substances. This could explain why levi hasn't remembered to tell us all not to forget to change the clocks tonight....

;)
« Last post by Molino on March 25, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Asparagus season soon😉

Our local farmers market was full of asparagus this morning. It is already here on the coast...! (no weeds for me....)haha :)
« Last post by levissima on March 25, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
I think it was this weeks freebee instead of the usual carrot and celery😉
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: 3 Classic Abruzzi recipes
« Last post by Rustychain on March 25, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Ah, yes, thanks; that works for me!
« Last post by Rustychain on March 25, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
Hope they didn't charge you much!

Love cooking? Love eating? / Eating weeds
« Last post by levissima on March 24, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
This morning the fruttivendolo van had a basket full of what I would describe as weeds, which were offered to me in place of broccoli, which she didn't have. I asked what it was and was told "verdure" , that it was very good, grown on the hillside, no chemicals, lots of vitamins. So I thought I'd try some. When it came to cleaning them there was a real mixture of things like dandelions, some hairy stuff, some pale green round leaves. Basically what I'd think of as weeds. Anyway I cooked it as instructed and then ate with salt, olive oil and a little lemon juice. Not a lot of flavour but not unpleasant.

It strikes me that this is really 'spring greens' as they were before the cabbage like stuff was grown commercially.

Asparagus season soon😉
Love cooking? Love eating? / Informal slimming group idea
« Last post by Orbito on January 18, 2017, 07:58:35 PM »
I really need to lose weight this year but am rubbish at trying to do it on my own.

Would there be any interest in joining a really informal (free) slimming club, which could meet once a week to weigh in and chat through about what's working and what's not? I love the Slimming World plan and have the book, so could copy it for whoever wanted to join - plus there are loads of recipes and other resources online.

Anyone interested? I'm happy to host in Castel Frentano, or we could take turns.
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Coconut milk powder
« Last post by Orbito on December 19, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
Thanks all - a mate sent some of the powder over so all is well - but appreciate all the feedback :).
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Coconut milk powder
« Last post by Cesare Rinato on December 19, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
Both Oasi and Conad in Lanciano sell packs of coconut milk. I have never looked for the powder
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: 3 Classic Abruzzi recipes
« Last post by thediggers on December 18, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
Arrosticini we all know & love (apart from the vegetarians of course!) but the other two look very interesting. No recipes as such which could be handy for the 'soup' one unless it's supposed to just be a use-whatever-you've-got recipe. i.e. no recipe at all!

I'll certainly give the cheeseball one a try.
Rusty click on the Green (for me) heading to get the recipes... Had the "Pallotte cacio e uova" a number of times at La Mugnaia and they have always been superb!
Pallotte cacio e uova
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10