Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Vanilla Beans
« Last post by Rustychain on May 16, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
The big supermarkets do them for a start; Iper at Pescara Nord & the other one down in Sambuceto.
Love cooking? Love eating? / Vanilla Beans
« Last post by rsetzer99 on May 16, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »
Where I can get them?
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Eating weeds
« Last post by Relaxed on March 25, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
I have my suspicions about these weeds, I suspect they may contain illegal substances. This could explain why levi hasn't remembered to tell us all not to forget to change the clocks tonight....

;)
« Last post by Molino on March 25, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Asparagus season soon😉

Our local farmers market was full of asparagus this morning. It is already here on the coast...! (no weeds for me....)haha :)
« Last post by levissima on March 25, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
I think it was this weeks freebee instead of the usual carrot and celery😉
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: 3 Classic Abruzzi recipes
« Last post by Rustychain on March 25, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Ah, yes, thanks; that works for me!
« Last post by Rustychain on March 25, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
Hope they didn't charge you much!

Love cooking? Love eating? / Eating weeds
« Last post by levissima on March 24, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
This morning the fruttivendolo van had a basket full of what I would describe as weeds, which were offered to me in place of broccoli, which she didn't have. I asked what it was and was told "verdure" , that it was very good, grown on the hillside, no chemicals, lots of vitamins. So I thought I'd try some. When it came to cleaning them there was a real mixture of things like dandelions, some hairy stuff, some pale green round leaves. Basically what I'd think of as weeds. Anyway I cooked it as instructed and then ate with salt, olive oil and a little lemon juice. Not a lot of flavour but not unpleasant.

It strikes me that this is really 'spring greens' as they were before the cabbage like stuff was grown commercially.

Asparagus season soon😉
Love cooking? Love eating? / Informal slimming group idea
« Last post by Orbito on January 18, 2017, 07:58:35 PM »
I really need to lose weight this year but am rubbish at trying to do it on my own.

Would there be any interest in joining a really informal (free) slimming club, which could meet once a week to weigh in and chat through about what's working and what's not? I love the Slimming World plan and have the book, so could copy it for whoever wanted to join - plus there are loads of recipes and other resources online.

Anyone interested? I'm happy to host in Castel Frentano, or we could take turns.
Love cooking? Love eating? / Re: Coconut milk powder
« Last post by Orbito on December 19, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
Thanks all - a mate sent some of the powder over so all is well - but appreciate all the feedback :).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10