Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Pet passports
« Last post by Berti on November 13, 2017, 10:35:12 PM »
If that happens we will most definitely sell up here, fingers crossed they talk sense afterall its apparently worked well to date!
Pets, vets and rescues / Pet passports
« Last post by levissima on November 13, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
Latest bit of Brexit speculation is that should the UK leave with no deal, pet passports could no longer be valid between Uk and Europe. Letís hope they reach a deal because I know many people who bring their dogs with them when visiting holiday homes.
Pets, vets and rescues / Help Abandoned dogs
« Last post by dolcevita on October 05, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »
i am attaching 3 files of really moving posters I have downloaded and will be asking my local Pet Shops an Vets to display -if you can print some off and put them up in your town that would be great!

You can fit 2 onto an A4 sheet if the notice board only takes small notices

Thanks from all the dogs xxx
Thank you so much, any help or support you can give is gratefully appreciated 
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Young kitten and Mother looking for new forever home
« Last post by Orbito on August 18, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
They are gorgeous, I love that the little one is so entertained by the piece of cord.

Sadly I can't take them either, I have two cats who would mutiny if any more came on board - but will put it out on my FB and see if there are any takers. TBH I think it's unlikely, I'm afraid, as a couple of friends are inundated with kittens at the moment and can't find homes for them. But you never know!
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Advice please regarding stray cats
« Last post by popinjaykev on August 18, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »
Everything was signed off by the Sindaco/ Vigili  on the understanding that there are a minimum of 10 cats ... when ASL came yesterday  the goalpost had changed to 20 cats. The professor at ASL when I visited him even told me that it is for a minimum of 10 cats. I  Have already teamed up with others in the village but as I said if they turn up at an agreed time I will put food out and the cats all come...... But I can't do it any more . No one in the village had ever tried this before but I expect they will give up too.  I think this is probably the idea of ASL... they really do not appear to have the interest of the animals at heart which for a veterinary service is disgusting.

The mother cats who currently have older kittens are already in season again and of course the next litter will be quite young when winter arrives so these kittens will almost certainly die. So unnecessary.

I have contacts with a charity in the UK which would probably financially support anyone who  started a cat sanctuary ... Vets here are only interested in the money  Even the teaching hospital in Teramo which is only slightly cheaper than regional vets, has to charge money for the trainee vets ...     
« Last post by levissima on August 18, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
How stupid!

Is it possible to team up with others till you have the required number and get them all done?
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Young kitten and Mother looking for new forever home
« Last post by Rustychain on August 17, 2017, 11:04:55 PM »
Loving your guitar playing.  ;D
« Last post by popinjaykev on August 17, 2017, 10:50:15 PM »
Hi one and all ..well after going backwards and forwards between ASL in Teramo and the commune , finally the vets assistant came round this morning and even though all the documentation which was signed  by the sindaco was about 10 cats and even the professor said sterilisation is done with a minimum of 10 cats ... it now turns out it has to be 20. Sometimes the stupidity of Italian bureaucracy  makes me so angry. No one agrees on anything... so no success story  on this occasion. Needless to say I have written a very firm letter to the Vigili outlining my disappointment . 
It breaks my heart as I had to cut the umbilical cord due to the mum being inexperienced and so young - the mother herself is probably only 11 months old now. And Mum and daughter are amazing together.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10