Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
For sale / JCB 8015 Mini Digger
« Last post by Will Rogers on April 28, 2017, 07:25:53 AM »
just seen the for sale section! 1.5 ton mini digger privately used, minimal hours on the clock, 10yrs old 7,000 comes with three buckets (ditching and normal) Good condition. Can be delivered.
For sale / Re: Dog crates
« Last post by levissima on March 14, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »
Bump
For sale / Dog crates
« Last post by levissima on March 10, 2017, 06:51:26 PM »
2 large dog crates. Teramo area

Offers, please pm me.

For sale / Bedroom furniture
« Last post by levissima on March 10, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »

Two big wardrobes, chest of draws with mirror, bed frame with ponte cupboard . Good condition. Buyer disassembles and collects. Teramo region.

Offers
For sale / American style fridge
« Last post by levissima on March 08, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »

Siemens American style fridge freezer, capacity 484 litres, water dispenser, excellent condition, 7 years old. Handles are stored inside ready for transportation. 450 ono. Teramo region.

I'm advertising this for someone else. If you are interested please pm me and I'll put you in touch.

For sale / Re: car boot sale
« Last post by Shebar on February 24, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
Car boot sale on Sunday morning by the Happy Shop down from Atessa.

https://www.facebook.com/Svuotacofano-Car-Boot-Sale-1030289880319732/
Wanted / Re: Stove with boiler/advice
« Last post by Allora on February 20, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »
Many thanks for all the helpful advice.  My termocamino stopped working after the last earthquake tremor but the local plumber has just repaired it and told me that a family in the village wants to sell their system for wood and pellet which provides heating and water.  He thinks I should keep my system but it uses a lot of wood/tronchetti to reach the required heat to start the pump and to keep it going.  Also the four sides of glass get badly smoke stained despite using Diavolina cleaner.  Fully agree that it is important to have an alternative heating source as my Morse wood burning stove in the kitchen was a life saver when there was no electicity for 10 days last month.  Leaks in the roof had short circuited the internal system.  My eternal thanks to the Emergency Service Firemen from Lecce, Milan and Potenza who repaired the electricity with aluminium foil and insulation tape!
« Last post by Relaxed on February 17, 2017, 11:27:47 PM »
It is quite a consideration, that these 'sophisticated' stoves do depend on electricity (to run the pump which circulates the heated water). Even the woodburners which deliver heated air cannot be run very efficiently without electricity, and pellet stoves give up the ghost after five minutes without power. Gas, oil, wood or sansa boilers also need juice.

It's not common to be without power for more than 24 hours - but it happens, and without one open fireplace or a simple woodburner one does get cold very quickly.

Looking at the 'catalogue price' of a woodburner with the facility to drive radiators is not a very illuminating activity. You need to think about (get an estimate for) the associated pipework, radiators, tanks and any control gear needed to integrate this system with any others you perhaps have already. The woodburner seller just wants to wedge you into buying his product - he isn't going to alert you to the 'extras' which you'll need to spend to make it function! The boiler is probably about a quarter of what you'll commit to if you buy it.
« Last post by levissima on February 17, 2017, 10:00:52 PM »
I'm with Shebar, think very carefully before loosing your open fire. I had  a gas boiler and a Sansa burner but once the electric goes the only thing I had was the open fire and I used it for light, heat, cooking and hot water. It's not the most efficient but it is ( if you've got wood) the most reliable.
« Last post by Grimsby Ranger on February 17, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
Forgot to mention you'll also need to size a termocamino correctly for the radiators it is required to heat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10