Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Public transport / Re: Bologna to Rome
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Today at 07:39:10 PM »
 Bologna airport site here indicates you would need to get a taxi (+/-€15 according to them) or bus into the city (which looks quite frequent at peak times). Train to Rome on Tren here is currently €10-30 one way, I'm guessing it will be dearer nearer the time.

Public transport / Re: Bologna to Rome
« Last post by Relaxed on Today at 07:34:06 PM »
You can find out almost everything about trains on www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
A quick look suggests you can take a Frecciarossa for less than €20 if you book ahead. Takes about 2 hours to get from Bologna to Rome, and these are the superfast nice trains.
You'll have to look into how you get from the 'Bologna' airport into the city, that might be tricky, and also if you can hire a car in Rome from the railway station and then return the car to an airport, which you might want to do - sometimes that gets expensive..
Public transport / Bologna to Rome
« Last post by nil satis on Today at 04:19:30 PM »
I have tickets for the rugby next Feb in Rome but flights are very expensive £175 one way I fancy a day/night in Bologna flights only £28. Does anyone know about the trains from Bologna to Rome ( I will then hire a car and drive to Abruzzo). I do understand that with train fares and hotel there wont be a huge difference in cost but I will have spent a little time in La Grassa.
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Re: Alpine plants
« Last post by Lui on Today at 08:57:03 AM »
I planted mine in May this year and in full sun. They are all, except for one variety,  doing fine despite the heat and drought we had this summer. They were however watered every other day. If they're in the shade they'd probably do even better. Just waiting to see how they over-winter but I'm confident that they'll manage here as we had the same in N. Wales previously and the winters there were brutal.
Motoring / Re: Winter tyres
« Last post by Red Mistral on Today at 12:54:40 AM »
I’ve bought winter and summer tyres from trovagomme.it and they were about €50 per tyre cheaper( I was paying up to €180). They deliver to your door, usually within a week. They sell all levels of tyre, from budget to premium.
« Last post by Grimsby Ranger on Yesterday at 09:54:22 PM »
I use a place in Lanciano. His prices are a bit more than the ones quoted above but he stores whichever tyres I'm not using. Incidentally has anyone tried all year tyres? A number of my Italian friends seem to have switched to them.

I've had the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons before and found them decent in snow for an all season tyre. Found a difference in fuel consumption when I went back to a summer tyre when travelling to and from the UK though, was running the Goodyear efficientgrip as a summer tyre.
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on Yesterday at 07:37:41 PM »
Just a quick update if anyone else was interested in rockery plants. We were in Febo Gardens today and after I'd gone to the trouble of buying a load of sempervivums online they actually had some in for the first time; quite a nice little selection. They're next to the cacti, where I had looked previously but never found them. If you're passing the place it's worth popping in just to look at their display of Christmas trees and decorations; absolutely spectacular!

Will these tolerate direct August heat and sun in Abruzzo?  Or better in the shade?
I bought some cheap in England and am considering bringing a couple out to try there
« Last post by old timer on Yesterday at 03:41:35 PM »
I use All season tyres. Although I am mainly in the UK. I have found no problem driving in snow deep enough  that when I stopped and opened the door it pushed the snow away. I am not saying they are better than winter tyres but I get 35K out of them and find no difference winter or summer, rain of shine. I drive a 4X4. There are some good videos on U tube showing the difference between summer winter and all season.
« Last post by Lui on Yesterday at 02:51:23 PM »
Just a quick update if anyone else was interested in rockery plants. We were in Febo Gardens today and after I'd gone to the trouble of buying a load of sempervivums online they actually had some in for the first time; quite a nice little selection. They're next to the cacti, where I had looked previously but never found them. If you're passing the place it's worth popping in just to look at their display of Christmas trees and decorations; absolutely spectacular!
« Last post by Cesare Rinato on Yesterday at 10:45:37 AM »
I use a place in Lanciano. His prices are a bit more than the ones quoted above but he stores whichever tyres I'm not using. Incidentally has anyone tried all year tyres? A number of my Italian friends seem to have switched to them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10