Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flights / Re: Blue Air
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 12, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
Thanks for the update Lui. We’ve done a similar trip from FCO to Manchester with Jet2, but they are a little more expensive. Still not convinced with the times though as Jet2 are similar and being late birds (lazy) around 12’ from FCO means a very early start if going by bus and coming back I think the flights are around 6-6.30 which again means a very early start coming back. However if it was just for a short time I suppose driving to FCO would cut down the “going” part and a hire car at the other end may help. We really don’t like the Stansted route, but using the mid-day flight makes it a better option for us in terms of times and cost. Still it is always good to have another option, so we will keep an eye to Liverpool route too.
« Last post by Lui on December 12, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
Did the Fiumicino to Liverpool flight and back over the weekend and it was all okay. No difference from Ryanair really, just a bit more legroom and a free coffee. Other than that just the same routine. I only tried them because they were the cheapest option for getting from here to the north of England and the flight times were also more sensible. I'd use them again.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 09, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »
Lui i travelled with cabin baggage and got to airport an hour before flight was due to depart, just went straight to security etc, but allow time to walk to the gates. Fumincino is a huge airport and from parking car to getting to the gate (E) was a good hour walking.
2nd time i checked in baggage but gave extra time to do this as i had my grandchildren with me, but there were delays at passport control due to extra security measures put in place so allow yourselves at least an hour.

I agree there can be much greater delays getting through Fumincino. A small consideration if you have some time to spend there is the difference (unless things have changed recently) in the the standard of terminals 1 and 3 (UK flights). We have always went for a coffee and food to terminal 1 (internal) and then straight up to 3 and through security.
« Last post by Berti on December 09, 2017, 02:52:32 AM »
Lui i travelled with cabin baggage and got to airport an hour before flight was due to depart, just went straight to security etc, but allow time to walk to the gates. Fumincino is a huge airport and from parking car to getting to the gate (E) was a good hour walking.
2nd time i checked in baggage but gave extra time to do this as i had my grandchildren with me, but there were delays at passport control due to extra security measures put in place so allow yourselves at least an hour.
« Last post by Red Mistral on December 07, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
I too am flying 12.00 on Friday and got the same message but also an email after I'd checked in that I needed to be there 2 hours before. I'm aiming to 'Ryanair' it and arrive at a sensible time before the flight leaves.

We’re expecting to arrive at about 10, 10.30 and we have a bag to check in. Struggling to find enough, heavy things to make it up to 32kgs though  ;)
« Last post by Lui on December 06, 2017, 09:26:53 PM »
I too am flying 12.00 on Friday and got the same message but also an email after I'd checked in that I needed to be there 2 hours before. I'm aiming to 'Ryanair' it and arrive at a sensible time before the flight leaves.
« Last post by Rustychain on December 06, 2017, 08:17:56 PM »
We've flown with quite a few airlines & unless you're checking a bag into the hold (which Lui isn't), then getting to the airport an hour before departure is fine. Of course 'getting to the airport' is something of an unknown!

We have the airlines' apps on our phones & get the boarding passes that way; saves the printing.
« Last post by Red Mistral on December 06, 2017, 06:32:51 PM »
I'm about to try this airline for the first time from Rome to Liverpool. Can someone who has used it confirm that when you've done the online check in and printed your boarding pass, assuming you only have carry on baggage, that it then works the same as Ryanair. In other words you can arrive at the airport and go straight to security with your boarding pass. The emails I've had from Blue Air still say that I have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight even though I've printed my pass.

We are flying with them Friday departing at 1200. We've printed the boarding pass and it says the latest reporting time at the gate to get onboard is 1145! Seems a bit tight to me, but does suggest that you don't need to be 2 hours in advance. One odd thing is we've booked a suitcase and the weight allowance given is 32kgs.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 06, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
Not used them Lui, but did look at the very same route and this is what their site said..

For all Blue Air flights departing from Rome-Fiumicino, please take into consideration that the check-in desks open with 2 hours and 30 minutes before the flight and close with 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time

For other destinations it was 2 hours if checkin at the airport and 40 minutes flight close.This is the page link where I read the above. Good luck with the trip and do let us know how well it works.
« Last post by Lui on December 06, 2017, 09:03:08 AM »
I'm about to try this airline for the first time from Rome to Liverpool. Can someone who has used it confirm that when you've done the online check in and printed your boarding pass, assuming you only have carry on baggage, that it then works the same as Ryanair. In other words you can arrive at the airport and go straight to security with your boarding pass. The emails I've had from Blue Air still say that I have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight even though I've printed my pass.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10