Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Water / Re: 1st August, no water.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM »
Yep, still got my water too, but I know of others who have not, guess they plan for worst case.
I'm with you Levi, fortunately our electric was only off for 5 minutes that I know of and the water not at all, but we will keep the buckets full just in case :-\
« Last post by levissima on August 01, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »
Yep, still got my water too, but I know of others who have not, guess they plan for worst case.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 01, 2018, 10:48:21 AM »
... well the water is still there, but the power just went off and we are now on battery power... Obviously they are never sure how long these things take and can't be exact, but often the event never happens or happens a day or so later...
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 31, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »
Thanks Levi, so no water or electric as they also notified us that would be off in the morning....
Water / 1st August, no water.
« Last post by levissima on July 31, 2018, 09:27:21 PM »

Sorry so little notice!
Telephone / Re: Twitter as a helpline!
« Last post by Article on June 07, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »
That's a good tip....I've been trying to get updates from The AA for over 3 months, regarding a particular nasty experience they provided. I've tried on Twitter now, so at least it's another avenue. Thanks
Telephone / Twitter as a helpline!
« Last post by Relaxed on June 04, 2018, 07:48:10 PM »
I had a good experience with Vodafone the other day.
Their site (on a PC) wasn't working very well, and I wanted to cancel something, which all the information I had to hand (from both the site, and the Vodafone app on my phone) meant I had to ring a specific 5 figure number.
The trouble was, ringing that number did not give me the opportunity to cancel, so I rang 190.
This was a true Catch 22, because if you ring 190 from a cellphone with the Vodafone app installed, you are instantly directed to the app, and the 190 call is terminated.
Aaargh.
So I vented my spleen on Twitter, (in Italian, but English would probably have worked) tagging in @vodafone.it
Within a couple of minutes they were back to me, suggesting that I send them a private message if I would like to be called by a real person, on my cellphone. So I said yes, please. Very sensibly (this was after midnight) they refrained from calling me at 1 am, but the next morning they called and everything was sorted very quickly.
I was only vaguely aware that there was such a thing as 'Twitter Support' from some companies, and I had no idea that Vodafone would pick me up as in need of it - but it was a nice surprise.
If you are a twitterer it's maybe worth seeing if the company you are having difficulty with has a Twitter presence - if only because it's much easier (I find) to frame a query in Italian in a tweet rather than in a telephone call!

Gas / Re: ENI GAS
« Last post by PJM on June 04, 2018, 03:13:12 PM »
Sorry it was for the electric only I don't have the gas with them .
Gas / Re: ENI GAS
« Last post by PJM on June 04, 2018, 03:12:24 PM »
I had a bill for April but will double check .
Gas / ENI GAS
« Last post by levissima on June 04, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
for anyone else who has their gas through ENI GAS, they normally send bilks every two months but for reasons known only to them, they have missed out the April bill and will be sending a four month bill in June.

I just hope they give the option to pay over a period of time because itís likely to be double the normal amount and put a spanner in peoples budgets!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10