Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Markets and other shops / Re: antique/vintage
« Last post by superman on Yesterday at 05:39:38 PM »
Portabello has now moved into what was the chinese shop at the front now it is next to the road with a car park in front

« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 05:28:17 PM »
Well done DV, I had forgotten those 2 shops (now one) sold such stuff. Portobello I recall is quite hard to spot as it's sign is on the main road, but it is hidden behind the houses. For anyone looking for such places, last time we went along it there was one just before the motorway bridge on Via Vestina.
« Last post by nil satis on Yesterday at 04:38:07 PM »
Thank you Superman I appreciate you info but I fear its a little too far for her and they only here for another couple of days but thank you again.
« Last post by superman on Yesterday at 04:31:33 PM »
The mercatino store in montisilvano on corso umberto  has closed down, you can go to portabello which is in silvi just along the same road but they appear to be going more and more into used fashion
The mercatino in teramo is still good for interesting stuff of all kinds
« Last post by dolcevita on Yesterday at 02:22:28 PM »
Not much chance I am afraid but Mercatino do have some more valuable and antique jewellery and other more valuable things in glass cases in their stores by the airport and in Montesilvano so that is where I would try first.Most people think they are a bit like a big charity shop but they do also sell a surprising amount of very good antique and vintage Italian design, but at a price!

Vintage has yet to take off in Italy in the same way as it has in the UK and any antique or vintage shops we have been to seem to  ridiculously over price their stuff and get very huffy if you make an offer!
Markets and other shops / antique/vintage
« Last post by nil satis on February 24, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »
I know its a long shot but my daughter is over skiing for a few days but today would like to go shopping for a wedding ring she wants to look at antique/vintage shops any ideas you lovely people? I suggested Chieti may have something
Markets and other shops / Re: Megalo introduce parking charges
« Last post by GeordieBorn on January 03, 2018, 07:09:13 PM »
I would be surprised if it lasts ???
Markets and other shops / Megalo introduce parking charges
« Last post by levissima on January 03, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
The top of a slippery slope!

“Al Megalò di Chieti in arrivo la sosta a pagamento dalle 8 alle 24. Ottanta centesimi la prima ora, cinquanta le successive”
Markets and other shops / Re: Lidl
« Last post by levissima on November 29, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »
Not entirely sure as I’m not a driver and have only been told about it but this link might be it.

http://www.carlomaresca.it/index.php/news/item/284-nuovo-punto-vendita-lidl-a-silvi-marina
Markets and other shops / Re: Lidl
« Last post by Brush Strokes on November 29, 2017, 05:37:45 PM »
Whereabouts in Silvi is it.

I'm often in the Silvi Marina area, could be useful, especially during English week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10