Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WrongSOTV says that "they didn't expect a lot of snow last year either".... that isn't my memory; I thought we were all thoroughly warned about serious amounts of snow for a good week or two before it arrived exactly as predicted.

I recall our Italian neighbour saying that it would snow,but not too much ... this might have been directed more towards the kids so they didn't get too excited though.  Not quoted from a professional service.
We got the xxxx out of there on the first day that snow fell, a day earlier than planned.  We were very lucky to leave and not be stuck with very low supplies.

Time to check that generator!
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Snow shovels to the ready!
« Last post by Vignaverde on Yesterday at 09:08:23 AM »
I love a bit of snow!!!! As long as I am prepared. Last year I was flavor of the month when we ran out of gas! Note to self it is very hard to find a sunken gas bottle in the snow  ;D

Yes we were well prepared last year for the huge dump of snow, it doesn't look like we will have a repeat but who knows. The best thing for me when it snows is the snow BBQ's that pop up around us. Arrosticini often make an appearance.
« Last post by Rustychain on Yesterday at 07:17:28 AM »
When it got light this morning it was raining with snow mixed in; to put it another way it will be snowing not much higher than we are (500m).

The ground's already sodden with a lot more rain to come before we get into snow proper on Sunday / Monday, assuming the forecasters stick to their story. I don't suppose we can grumble too much, so far the winter has been very gentle with us with not too much rain & no snow at all down at our level.

WrongSOTV says that "they didn't expect a lot of snow last year either".... that isn't my memory; I thought we were all thoroughly warned about serious amounts of snow for a good week or two before it arrived exactly as predicted. We certainly don't want a repeat of last year's display.  ???
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 20, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
You never really know with these forecasts, but being in the UK and seeing the forecast for here, it seems very likely this “front” is moving across the whole of Europe not just the UK. It looks to be very cold and wet (snow), but only for a few days. Fingers crossed as last year we planned to come back from the UK a lot earlier (January) and had to put it off for a week due to 2m of snow. On that occasion we spent the first 3-4 days digging snow away from the drive just to get the car down it! ::)
« Last post by the wrong side of the valley on February 20, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »
Monday seems to be the danger day, snow down to the sea, so you know the hills will be well hit.
It looks like the whole of the run up is non stop heavy rain? 
Remembering that they didn't expect a lot of snow last year either, I hope that there are no repeats of previous bad drops.
Extreme weather warnings / Snow shovels to the ready!
« Last post by levissima on February 20, 2018, 07:02:10 PM »
If the forecast is correct we’re in for a bit of snow at the weekend and into next week. Nothing like last year, but best to be prepared.☃️
Extreme weather warnings / Re: What’s the weather like?
« Last post by Cassius on February 03, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »
So similar to St Swithin's Day.
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 02, 2018, 08:26:45 AM »
I heard yesterday that today (has a name which I cannot remember) Italians believe that whatever the weather is doing today it will do it for the next 40 days!
This morning we have light rain then nothing, clouds and sunshine, thats just about covered everything  ;D
« Last post by Red Mistral on January 31, 2018, 03:56:25 PM »
And the skiing is suffering somewhat too!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10