Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Re: Figs
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 24, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »
.... with gorgonzola dolce, walnuts and pearÖ with anything almost!  Mmmm!
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Re: Figs
« Last post by Venatore on October 24, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »
Lovely lovely figs,
With salty hams, or yoghurt and honey or with walnuts or almost any kind of cheese or just from the tree split open with your thumb nails and shucked!
Iíve got three trees on my plot so itís a good job Iím so keen.
V.
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Figs
« Last post by Rustychain on October 23, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
Hasn't it been an amazing year for figs?! We adore them & eagerly await their arrival each summer. The first couple of years that we were here, the season seemed to end in late September but then a year or two ago we managed to find some just into October but this year has been something else; I am still picking them now! Brilliant.

Apart from our favourite fig recipes, I've recently started to chop them & add them to salads where they add their own unique beauty. As I type I'm tucking into a salad of rocket, avocado & figs. Absolutely delicious!

:P ;D
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Re: New Dawn and Emily Gray
« Last post by GeordieBorn on December 22, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
Both are superb climbers that have lovely soft pink and yellow tones complimenting the stone of buildings in Abruzzo.I bough mine in UK and planted them in May. No watering no feeding only massive pruning needing.They love Abruzzo and I can really recommend them if you want a climbing rose.
For me another benefit is the growth in the gecko numbers since they can jusr nip under a leaf when a predator is about! I personally could never have enough geckos as not only are they lovely to look at they eat all those pesky flies that are so annoying in the summer. Hornets seem to avoid nesting when there are lots of geckos so perhaps they eat the grubs?
DV are we talking geckos or lizards here? We have only ever seen one of the former and a beautiful little creature it was. Lizards (also superb) seem to have increased in recent years, but not too sure if this is just down to the weather.
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / New Dawn and Emily Gray
« Last post by dolcevita on December 22, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
Both are superb climbers that have lovely soft pink and yellow tones complimenting the stone of buildings in Abruzzo.I bough mine in UK and planted them in May. No watering no feeding only massive pruning needing.They love Abruzzo and I can really recommend them if you want a climbing rose.
For me another benefit is the growth in the gecko numbers since they can jusr nip under a leaf when a predator is about! I personally could never have enough geckos as not only are they lovely to look at they eat all those pesky flies that are so annoying in the summer. Hornets seem to avoid nesting when there are lots of geckos so perhaps they eat the grubs?
Will it grow? or How can I kill it? / Re: olive oil - my first
« Last post by levissima on December 22, 2017, 10:12:38 AM »
But what does it taste like?
« Last post by dolcevita on December 22, 2017, 10:11:08 AM »
If you do not have enough oil to take daily for health purposes the leaves of olives are as good too. Make them into tea or a tincture and take this daily to keep off colds and flu and I think it works well for -
Lowers Blood Pressure. ...
Improves Cardiovascular Health. ...
Diabetes. ...
Reduces the Risk of Cancer. ...
Improves Brain Function. ...
Treats Arthritis. ...
Kills Bacteria and Fungi. ...
Improves Immune System.
« Last post by The Saint on December 21, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »
Had to leave most of it in Abruzzo but bought 2 100 mil bottles so I could bring it back to the UK and sip it daily!

It is a very good idea to take extra virgin olive oil daily, I usually have a tablespoon a day, although the new oil really hits the back of your throat.

One of the ingredients in extra virgin olive oil, namely olecanthal, is one of the ingredients that partly explains the benefits of a Mediterranean diet. It is also proven that extra virgin olive oil helps against various cancers including breast cancer, skin cancer and other cancers, helps prevent diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, Alzheimer's, helps blood pressure and so the list goes on.

However, for these benefits it has to be proper extra virgin olive oil, not some shop bought stuff that claims to be extra virgin.

I sell my EVOO, most of it goes to Poland, but still have some for sale if anyone is interested. Ä9 a litre or Ä40 for 5 litres.  :)

I've sent you an email via your website.
« Last post by Olive Oyl on December 21, 2017, 01:11:24 PM »
My family in the UK has run out too!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10