Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Shebar
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 24, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »
Bless her. Really hope she pulls through this.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 24, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »
Yes, many thanks Cesare for the update, Iím sure most here that know Shebar will be so pleased to know how things are going. Sad that there is no sign of greater improvement, but like Levi has said, itís very good to hear she is being well cared for in Chieti.
« Last post by levissima on February 24, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
Thanks Cesar, poor Shebar, I often think of her but hadnít realised itís been so long since she was first unwell. Iím glad sheís so well cared for.
« Last post by Brush Strokes on February 24, 2018, 08:36:16 AM »
Thanks for the update. I often wonder how she is doing.  :(
« Last post by Cesare Rinato on February 24, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »
HI everybody.

This is another update on Shebar, although in truth nothing much has changed. She remains in hospital near Chieti. I have visited recently and it seems to me she remains in much the same condition that she has been in since last April.  Her eyes focus and she responds to her name and the nurses tell me that she lets them know when she is uncomfortable, but that is about it. Her brother have had some success in getting some response to familiar objects and sounds ( family photos and favourite pieces of music.)  She appears to be very well cared for although she has lost some weight because despite regular physiotherapy, her muscles are reducing because of lack of use.

Her borther's have been here for the last week or so and are tidying up her house etc. They mentioned that she has a large number of books there which are unlikely to be used in the future. If anybody wants any of her books which are generally in pretty good condition please let me know and we can arrange for you to look at her library next time one of the brothers are here.
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Hello from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
« Last post by Clive Oldfield on February 22, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »
You might want to look at the flights from Bari to Liverpool too. We have found the drive there good, and, it is easy to find. We have found it much easier getting back home that way, rather than going to Stansted with that looooong drive back up north. But, the flights aren't all year round sadly  ::)
« Last post by GeordieBorn on February 22, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »
We do the opposite to Pamela as we tend to be here most of the time so do not go to Stansted by car as it would be there for months... That being the case we use the train hence the post. What we have found is that it's much quicker from our location to either get a lift or taxi to Wakefield/Leeds i.e. straight to the eastcoast line rather than use local trains. Still it is a long journey and the alternatives we have used e.g. via Rome to Manchester is no quicker. But either way it is still well worth the effort ;D
« Last post by malifax on February 22, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »
Hi yes its seems the road to Stansted is going to be a busy one for us until a northern hub is opened.
« Last post by PJM on February 21, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »
Welcome from Pamela from Addingham near Ilkley Yorkshire ..lived in Bingley for 20 years ..house in Capestrano .Done many different flights over the years but now usually drive to Stansted and flight to Pescara, fly on Sunday's the road journey is easy and quite. Sometimes do the flight from the North UK  to Rome but the drive is a pain, but if we do we avoid the week days and travel at the weekends when the roads are quieter.
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Into Gessopalena
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 20, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »
Good choice, great place Gessopalena. Lots of life even in the winter months. In the summer the piazza has a buzzing atmosphere with a good selection of bars. Good transport links to other local towns and easy access to Casoli.

Enjoy it and welcome to Abruzzo and this forum  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10