Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Re: Bridge collapse
« Last post by Cassius on Yesterday at 01:55:55 PM »
Deeply saddened by this awful tragedy. 

Condolences to all concerned.
Events and feste / Re: Buon Ferragosto
« Last post by GeordieBorn on Yesterday at 10:51:47 AM »
Wishing all a pleasant and peaceful day. According to the locals here, autumn begins tomorrow!
Good, autumn is probably our second favourite season here, with spring being number one and summer down in third place for us... Although to be honest there is something we love about all of the seasons here.
Events and feste / Buon Ferragosto
« Last post by levissima on Yesterday at 09:48:45 AM »
Wishing all a pleasant and peaceful day. According to the locals here, autumn begins tomorrow!
« Last post by La Vigna on Yesterday at 08:08:03 AM »
We are staying at a hotel 30 minutes south of genia for ferragosto and the owners and many of the guests who are from genoa are in shock as they use that bridge so many times. It basically connects the two sides of Liguria plus the airport run. Really a catastrophe.
Recommendations / Re: Internet
« Last post by PJM on Yesterday at 02:58:21 AM »
Just an update on the internet sims for my guests and looking into putting a internet connection into the house ..given in had enough . Thought about it and as I am only out for 2/3 months a year so don't want the monthly bill. or the big connection charge .I use my mobile for the internet or a sim for my modem. Just had enough I leave a sim for guest 30g and they use it up so have to get another sim for the next guest. Some guest don't use the internet. Going to try and see what the rents are like next year without the internet. oh until Brexit and will I then have my free data in Europe ?..may re think then ! Interesting three years ago a 30g or maybe 50g sim card I got lasted the whole rental season ,but I now have some guests who must be on the internet lots ..last guests ran out of 30g in 4 days but a couple of teenagers . Anyway Capestrano has free wifi in the piazza and the local bar restaurant  has free internet . It will be interesting to see if no internet stops my bookings ..I don't think will but lets see .
Events and feste / film festival
« Last post by PJM on Yesterday at 02:29:07 AM »
Capestrano has a film festival on 23rd ..26th August amazing for such a small village.look up http://www.stranofilmfestival.com/en/2018-edition/ 
It's the second year not only the films but canoe, bikes, wine, oil tasting, visit to farms etc  lots going on . It's the second year, I missed last year(rented ) but looking forward to this years events. I am not renting my house out for the event this year but helping the director with the accommodation and doing b@b .. that should be interesting ! He  doesn't  want hotel and coach and rather people stay in the village. 
« Last post by PJM on Yesterday at 02:13:05 AM »
so sad ..my thoughts are with the families x
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 14, 2018, 09:13:39 PM »
Horrendous.
Nothing to do with Abruzzo, but..... / Bridge collapse
« Last post by levissima on August 14, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »
At least the temperature dropped for a bit and I won’t hsve to water the plants this evening 🙃
Well it's just dropped a lot more for us outside in the last half hour or so... Not too sure about our own temperatures mind you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10