Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flights / Re: Ryanair delays
« Last post by Andy n Kate on August 12, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Hello all.
Just getting to know this forum. We have a holiday apartment near Colonella, but hope to use it more as we approach retirement.
I am please to see Easyjet dipping their toes into the Gatwick Ancona route which is ideal for us as we have to travel from Jersey initially. Just an 8-10 week trial at first but hopefully a fuller timetable next year.

I may need some help on how to get UK TV via satellite dish in the future.

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Andy
Motoring / Re: Transporting “stuff” backwards and forwards to the UK
« Last post by Clive Oldfield on July 26, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
We are heading back to the UK in October. And I am sure we could squeeze your items in! We have a transit van plus a box trailer (going both ways). Message me if this is of any help to you.
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 26, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »
I’m amazed Duncan managed to keep up such a job for so long and would like to wish him well in whatever he decides to do (if anything) for the future. A real superhero! Like Levi has said I also hope someone else will take up the baton as we need such.
« Last post by Rustychain on July 26, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
I hadn't heard that about Superman; anybody any idea what he's going to do instead?
« Last post by levissima on July 26, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »
Im going to miss Superman and his van and I wish him a happy and stress free future.

I hope someone else will take up the baton but I realise Brexit could make everything more difficult.

Hope you get your stuff sorted.
Motoring / Transporting “stuff” backwards and forwards to the UK
« Last post by Cesare Rinato on July 26, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »
For some months I have been trying to buy some things in the UK with the intention of getting them delivered to Abruzzo. I also have a rug I want to send back to the same address in the UK. The items from the UK include some fancy LED lights so they are fairly fragile. There has been endless delays putting all this together because of availibility. I spoke to Duncan initially but when I contacted him recently he told me he has decided to stop transporting things for expats.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF, OR CAN RECOMMEND A GOOD TRANSPORT SERVICE, MAN WITH A VAN ETC. WHO CAN DELIVER A RUG TO SOUTH EAST ENGLAND AND BRING SOME PARCELS BACK TO CHIETI PROVINCE??
Flights / Re: Ryanair delays
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 21, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
Another delay on the cards tonight as we have family arriving and current departure estimate is 1 hour 40 minutes late! Although we were text about this an hour and a half ago I've checked Stansted, RyanAir, Abruzzo airport and flightstats sites AND they all still show the flight is on time. So don't go by any of these if going to pick anyone up, some real time data!
Flights / Re: Ryanair flights 25/26 July
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 21, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »
From what I've read the Italy strike is only for the 25th.
Flights / Ryanair flights 25/26 July
« Last post by levissima on July 19, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
There are planned strikes by Ryanair employees and Ryanair has cancelled 600 flights. Some flights to/ from Italy could be affected. Best to keep an eye on what’s happening if you’re travelling around these dates
Flights / Re: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Last post by iggle piggle on July 06, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
I travelled back from Stansted on Wednesday evening and ended up with a 5 hour delay.  Many of the flights leaving Stansted were delayed but the Pescara flight was the worst.

If you have problems with delays/cancellations, depending on the reasons, you can claim compensation (which I'm doing).  A nice Italian chap at the gate told me about an excellent website which gives you clear information and you can make your claim through the website and it goes directly to Ryanair.  It seems to include every possible scenario and tells you what you are legally entitled to.  The pre-written letter (which it creates depending on your circumstances and which you can amend) includes all the legal stuff.
The website is: resolver.co.uk

Obviously I won't hold my breath about when I will see my money!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10