Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Running a business in Italy / Grants possible for tourist accomodation?
« Last post by Lui on June 01, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »
This link popped up on my facebook today, probably because I follow my Comune page. From a quick scan, and bearing in mind my less than fluent grasp of Italian, it looks like grants may be available to improve tourist accommodation up to 60% of the costs. Some members who run B & B may be interested. If I've got the wrong end of the stick here apologies in advance for my feeble translating powers.  I'm sure that someone will step in to clarify matters.          http://www.abruzzosviluppo.it/2019/05/27/imprese-turistiche-regionali-cosa-possibile-finanziare-la-l-r-772000/?fbclid=IwAR0dUh_YB2iSjkpagspoHauZ0q80h7NeTB9Yu1iRZmh0wOt_KFZdJTG89XA
Running a business in Italy / Re: FOR SALE: Welcome to Sulmona
« Last post by Tartufa on February 21, 2019, 07:00:07 AM »
Thank you! We've spent 6 months talking with various organisations and people here in Sulmona, who came to us first but nothing came of it.  So now we are reaching out. Several people contacted us last week and we have two viables we think. I'll keep you posted!
« Last post by levissima on February 20, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
I hope you find a buyer, you’ve done a wonderful job and you will be missed. I hope the future is full of good things.
« Last post by Vignaverde on February 20, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »
Good luck Tartufa with your next steps  :)
Running a business in Italy / FOR SALE: Welcome to Sulmona
« Last post by Tartufa on February 18, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
Dear Friends of Sulmona,
The time has come for us to move on.
It has been a great adventure but for various personal reasons, mainly to do with family, time constraints & distance, we cannot continue to run www.welcometosulmona.com in the way which we want.
In the meantime, we are committed to keeping the business and the website going for the benefit of our valued clients and partners, but the fact is we need to find a buyer who will be able to take it to the next level.
If you think you might enjoy running WTS, and you are interested in more info, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at info@welcometosulmona.com
Running a business in Italy / Re: Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by levissima on February 11, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
That’s the trouble with rules here in italy, by interpretation they can mean both yes and no!😂
Running a business in Italy / Re: Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by Tartufa on February 11, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
As usual things here are as clear as mud. No sooner had I posted this than I got a call from my contacts at Sintab saying that the local ASL here have not yet properly understood the new rules and best not to promise anything 'fresh'.  If you do want advice and help then get in touch with Sintab but it seems not to be quite as exciting as we had thought.  Sorry...
Running a business in Italy / Do you run a B&B in Abruzzo?
« Last post by Tartufa on February 11, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Posted on behalf of our friends at Sintab srl in Sulmona:

Finally good news for Abruzzese B&B owners!
Time is up for those plastic-wrapped croissants - you can finally serve your guests a delicious fresh breakfast thanks to the new regional law DGR n.1060 released on December 31, 2018, Art. 6, Reg CE n. 82/2004.

We would be happy to support you through the presentation of the NIAS and in the implementation of the Haccp (food safety) procedures. Get in touch at sicurezza@sintab.it
Running a business in Italy / Re: Freelance English Teachers
« Last post by Tartufa on September 06, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
My annual post it seems:

Are you a self-employed, qualified & experienced, mother-tongue English teacher currently living in the Sulmona / Valle Peligna area? We are receiving more requests for single lessons and for groups than we can cope with - especially for school children needing classes in the afternoons. If you fit the bill, please do get in touch. If you know someone who might be interested, do please share this post. Please note that this is not an offer of employment - you need to be a well-connected, self-starter for this one ;)

My website is www.studysulmona.com

PS We do also get requests for French & German 'repetizioni'.  Not Spanish though...funnily enough  ;D
I'm bumping this up so anyone who did not see it the first time around has a chance to respond.  Any of you out there getting an income, or would like to get an income, from a holiday rental?  It's not as easy as it looks so come along and hear from a couple of old hands...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4