Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Events and feste / Re: Festival of photography
« Last post by GeordieBorn on October 10, 2018, 11:03:26 AM »
For anyone interested in photography there is an exhibition on 13/10 at 530 pm (free) at the Alvani art space (aurum) in Pescara
More info
Alviani-artspace.net

Tony
Thanks Tony, not one for getting to these events, but do like to see such on the web.
Events and feste / Festival of photography
« Last post by rometony on October 10, 2018, 10:45:40 AM »
For anyone interested in photography there is an exhibition on 13/10 at 530 pm (free) at the Alvani art space (aurum) in Pescara
More info
Alvani-artspace.net

Tony
Events and feste / Re: Montonico festival, Bisenti
« Last post by levissima on October 07, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »
Unfortunately it rained but nevertheless there were hoards of people there and lots of very imaginative floats. I went for lunch at a restaurant just outside the centre of town and noticed lots of camper vans. The restaurant owner said they’ve been coming for the last three years and each year more and more come. I suppose it avoids a drunken drive home as the carabinieri are pretty hot on stopping people as they drive away but also some of the people have come from quite a distance so at least it’s bringing some new money to Bisenti.
« Last post by Vignaverde on October 07, 2018, 09:20:27 PM »
Thanks Levi nice to be back  :)
I didn't go to Casoli today but rain came after 3 so hopefully they got their parade done in time. The fireworks started at 5am!
Tomorrow is the big day, the council have paid out a huge amount to bring Gigi D'Alessio to town. No cars are allowed in the town as they are expecting thousands, buses are taking people up to the town so anyone going should probably go early.
« Last post by levissima on October 06, 2018, 01:19:04 PM »
Good to see you again VV.

I’ve just noted the weather forecast, not looking good for the parade!
« Last post by Vignaverde on October 06, 2018, 07:42:24 AM »
Huge festa in Casoli this weekend as well for anyone in the Chieti region  :)

I've not posted for a while, hope everyone is OK  :)
Events and feste / Montonico festival, Bisenti
« Last post by levissima on October 05, 2018, 11:46:54 PM »
This weekend is the Montonico wine festival in Bisenti. Food , wine, music and on Sunday afternoon a parade of decorated floats.
Good fun and a nice atmosphere. If you come, there is parking before you get to Bisenti and a shuttle bus to take you to the town. It gets very busy.
L'Aquila / Campo 78 Tour - Friday 21 September 2018 0930
« Last post by stefanaccio on August 30, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
Campo 78, also known as Prigione di Guerra 78 – is an Italian, former prisoner of war camp located at Fonte d’Amore, just outside the town of Sulmona in the Abruzzo region of central Italy. It was in use during both World Wars and during WWII it held as many as 3,000 British & Commonwealth servicemen – many of whom had been captured during the North African campaigns.  In 2014, a local nonprofit association “Una Fondazione Per Il Morrone” was established to organize visits to the area which otherwise is not open to the public.

In collaboration with the Fondazione, a private visit to Campo 78 is scheduled Friday, 21 September 2018 at 0930. We have arranged for a free, two-hour private tour with an English-speaking guide. A 5 euro/person donation is highly encouraged. Ours hosts want to know the size of the group for this tour so, if you could be so kind, contact me if you plan to attend. I can also answer or pass on your questions about this exciting and informative visit especially arranged for the anglophone community.  GRAZIE!!     

http://welcometosulmona.com/visiting-campo-78/

http://www.gcjonline.plus.com/Campo%2078.htm

http://www.gcjonline.plus.com/Campo%2078%20pictures.htm

Events and feste / Re: Buon Ferragosto
« Last post by GeordieBorn on August 15, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Wishing all a pleasant and peaceful day. According to the locals here, autumn begins tomorrow!
Good, autumn is probably our second favourite season here, with spring being number one and summer down in third place for us... Although to be honest there is something we love about all of the seasons here.
Events and feste / Buon Ferragosto
« Last post by levissima on August 15, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »
Wishing all a pleasant and peaceful day. According to the locals here, autumn begins tomorrow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10