Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Glad you saw something. I went to a festa and forgot all about it until I got home then sat out for 30 minutes but saw nothing except for beautiful star studded sky.
Perseid meteor shower tonight
Thanks, it made me more determined (and stay up later), spotted 4 last night and one went right across the sky!
Well the peak is around now every year, but you see many 1-2 weeks before and after. Disappointed we have not seen too many this year. We spotted 3-4 one day last week and despite looking out most nights we’ve only seen one more. Last night was superbly clear and I expected to see at least a couple – 1! Still they are great to spot, so will look out during the festa  and afterwards (vino consumption allowing) :-[
Perseid meteor shower tonight
At least the temperature dropped for a bit and I won’t hsve to water the plants this evening 🙃
More nice weather coming in from the North - tie things down - some wind brewing up! Must be all those courgettes :o
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Lightening strike
« Last post by Rustychain on July 08, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »
That sounds like an exciting experience Levi!
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Lightening strike
« Last post by GeordieBorn on July 06, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
The church tower in Montefino has taken a direct hit. The top of the spire exploded and there’s quite a bit of rubble in the piazza. For those who know where I live, you’ll understand that it epwas a rather frightening experience but fortunately all is ok. Dogs nearly sh1t themselves though!
Glad to hear you and the dogs are okay, hope everyone else is in Montefino! At least our only problem at the moment is the electric being off :-X
Extreme weather warnings / Lightening strike
« Last post by levissima on July 06, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »
The church tower in Montefino has taken a direct hit. The top of the spire exploded and there’s quite a bit of rubble in the piazza. For those who know where I live, you’ll understand that it epwas a rather frightening experience but fortunately all is ok. Dogs nearly sh1t themselves though!
Extreme weather warnings / Re: Weather warning
« Last post by GeordieBorn on June 23, 2018, 12:36:25 PM »
It is a worry when you know people here have had landslides and roads blocked. Fortunately the forecast was wrong for us and we had no more rain. On the bright side the veg don't need water for at least another 48 hours...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10