Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pets, vets and rescues / Vets and chips
« Last post by levissima on June 04, 2019, 09:02:23 AM »
I doubt this will affect anyone here but just in case....
I have been told that vets will no longer be able to write prescriptions or treat dogs which are not chipped. I believe the intention is to encourage dog owners to get their pets chipped and registered, however I think responsible owners already do that and all that will happen is that irresponsible owners with unchipped dogs won?t get them treated when they need to be.

Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Black Labrador needs new home
« Last post by Larfalot on May 22, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »
I hope the dog finds a home soon
Pets, vets and rescues / Black Labrador needs new home
« Last post by Murphy123 on May 19, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »
I am currently feeding a lovely black Labrador who through no fault of his own is now an unwanted burden for his Italian owner. She can no longer live at her house due to an accident which has left her with very limited mobility and now lives with her daughter. Rudy is a nice natured dog who spends all his days on a chain and only gets let off when I go up and feed him every day. He is  about six years old, is used to living outside and is ok with cats and female dogs.If anyone could give him a home or knows of someone who may have him .... please pm me... he is near Penne and I would be very happy to show you this beautiful dog.... I cannot take another dog as I already have two large dogs.... thank you..
Nature. Flora and fauna / Re: Fireflies spotted...
« Last post by levissima on May 13, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
I expect they also know that most self respecting Italians are sleeping off their lunch so another reason they have the place to themselves 😉😂
« Last post by La Vigna on May 12, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
Our logic on this at the time was that they know no Italian would be out in the rain so they have the place to themselves! :)
« Last post by La Vigna on May 12, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
Was just cleaning the windowsill today and spotted a family of wild boar huddling under the tree of our neighbours garden, 20feet from their front door. Then driving along our track to our house this afternoon, a herd of them, ranging from large to minuscule were playing ahead. We waited and watched them frolicking awhile completely oblivious to us, but were careful not to come between parents and babies before we proceeded on. Once they were aware of us they scarpered. My husband also met one on his bike this week on our track. These encounters were all in the middle of the day, not at dusk or nighttime when they usually forage about. A bit worried about my grandchildren playing outside our fence now, even me on my bike as there must have been at least a dozen today. Are they becoming more bold? I?ve not seen such a large number together before either.
« Last post by Rustychain on May 12, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »
I came back to the house late last night & it was the perfect night for them; nice & mild, but.... no sign. Shame.

We are forecast rain here the next few nights so that may keep them under cover. They really are magical when they're out.
« Last post by La Vigna on May 11, 2019, 09:27:13 PM »
So happy to come back to the house tonight and find hundreds of fireflies ! Magical!
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Foster mum (cat) needed urgently
« Last post by Larfalot on May 01, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »
Oh that is brilliant - well done
Pets, vets and rescues / Re: Foster mum (cat) needed urgently
« Last post by levissima on April 27, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »
Fantastic, well done!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10