Please register if you want to contribute!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Furniture wanted
« Last post by Larfalot on May 22, 2019, 12:48:05 AM »
I wonder if asking around in bars in villages and leaving your contact details would help in your quest?
« Last post by 2Heads on May 16, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »
Welcome to Elice. We live 2 miles away towards Villa San Romualdo.
« Last post by Suzanne on May 16, 2019, 06:36:54 PM »
Thank you, we are looking at IKEA and will definitely get some things there but we thought a house clearance sale would make economic sense. We are moving to Elice, about 30 mins from Pescara. I will check out your suggestions.  :)
« Last post by levissima on May 16, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Which region are you moving to? Abruzzo is a big place!

You could have a look at mercatone usato OK, in Teramo or mercatino usato, several in Pescara.

Or, there?s always IKEA 😉
Hello, I'm ..... / Furniture wanted
« Last post by Suzanne on May 16, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »
Hello, We are a couple in the process of buying a house in Abruzzo which we need to furnish. Is there somewhere we can go to where complete house clearances are advertised? We need everything from bed frames (we will obviously want new mattresses) to sofas and saucepans. It would seem to make sense to buy a job lot. Does anyone know a site?
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: Looking for a long term rental
« Last post by pepone on February 16, 2019, 04:34:32 AM »
Hello, I saw your post now. Are you still searching? I rent a flat which offers all you want. Area is between Atri and Penne, very much space, near to the center of the village but not in the village and a fantastic view to the Gran Sasso.
Hello, I'm ..... / Hello
« Last post by GoingSoon on February 05, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »
Hello everyone, noobie here  :)  Been living in Montesilvan for a few years. Needing a good dentist  :\
Hello, I'm ..... / Re: A rustic to make a nono proud!
« Last post by Berris on January 21, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
Paint it ups and do it ups! I love it. And great advice. 
« Last post by Venatore on January 21, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »
Hi Berris
Mine is a 3 bedroom end of terrace with a cantina underneath. It was sold as habitable!, connected to all the services and the land was a largish garden about 7 x 50m not including drive or terraces
Land can be a bit of an issue as when it comes up for sale neighbors can have first refusal, though gardens are a different issue.
My advice is take your time and let the web take the strain and if possible fall for a house that is structurally sound and complete as do it ups cost a lot more than paint it ups! Also learn to roll with rustic charm as shabby chic is cheap.
Best of luck.
V.
« Last post by Berris on January 21, 2019, 02:07:53 PM »
Thanks, GeordieBorn! I was there (or there abouts) just before Christmas. Amazing 1930s windows and doors on the houses in Jesmond! Fish on the beach from Rileys. It was a real treat. Made me wonder why I'd taken so long to visit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10