Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: What do you pay for gas?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Lui

What do you pay for gas?
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
Our Italian neighbour has just visited very excited about a gas company who are coming to change his gas tank (no charge as usual) and will then sell him gas at 62c a litre including I.V.A. He's asking whether we want to also do the same thing. We currently are with Goldengas and including I.V.A. a litre is 1.095 euro. It seems like a good opportunity but we're deeply suspicious of anything that seems too good to be true. Is 62c a litre normal or are we currently paying way too much?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: What do you pay for gas?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »
Watch out, sometimes the price is set low to intice you to change but after a short time it goes up.  Check the contract carefully because sometimes it's very difficult to get out of if you find the price has rocketed.

If you can find people who already use this gas company and ask them what they are paying after a year you'll get a better idea

Offline RedSauce

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
Yes, Goldengas have been upping their prices for a while, we also moved from them sometime ago because (like you) we were paying circa 1.09 all in. The new supplier replaced the tank, filled it up and charged .77 per litre, we have to stay with them for two years so they have in effect a minimum of two years to make money out of us !

What amazes me is that these companies can't just fill a competitors tank up, they must replace it, then the old supplier has to come and collect their old tank (within 2 wks of written notification by law)................this is Italy !

RedS

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
I've not been keeping an eye on GPL prices, but I think they must be linked to the price of oil. We had an email last week from the internet broker site we use for buying fuel oil telling us that the price of that has hit a 6-year low. So perhaps it's not surprising that the firm your neighbour is going with is currently able to offer a very good price.

I'm certain that all gas companies will try to scalp customers given half a chance, so we were always reluctant to get a new tank installed and go with a competing firm.

Perhaps you should wander along to the nearest Goldengas office and let them know you're considering changing supplier? My experience of Italian firms leads me to think it most likely that they'll just shrug and wish you luck, but you just might get a price reduction on your next fill.

Al

Offline Lui

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »
The guy's just been. The company is Vulcan gas. Anyone had any experience of them? We didn't sign as our Italian is not up to understanding the contract that quickly so we've got until Wednesday to try to translate it and make a decision. He did say at least one stupid, impossible thing which we did clock. When asked how long the price would remain as low as he was quoting his reply was "sempre". I don't really think that is within his control! And yes Alan after reading a thread on this subject on another forum we did think about negotiating with Goldengas.

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:09:05 AM »
yes the gas companys  seem to charge what they want to who they want  , but looking at the prices  people are  beeing charged  we semm to have found a good company
 we have been paying  a lot less than some  of the prices here and its been  constant around :80 altr in iva  and as low as .65 eros a ltr   and this is over a four year period

if any body wants the details  pm me and if you italians not up to speed ioll ring and get a qoute  if you are interested  A3