Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Trouble with WIND  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Cassius

Trouble with WIND
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
Wonder if anyone has experienced similar or has any advice.

October 2012 I took a two year contract out with WIND, which I decided to cancel after the contract ended, last October.  An Italian friend came with me to a WIND shop and together we got all the information on how to cancel, which we followed to a T.  The bills kept coming and eventually I cancelled the D/D.  My friend and I then sent all the relevant information AGAIN to the Head Office - signed for and confirmed by telephone (to my friend) back in May

Today I received an e-mail saying that they are not accepting the cancellation of my contract!!!  They could (if they wanted) see that those numbers have not been used since the cancellation date.  I am now concerned that I am going to get a huge bill for all these months EVEN though the 2 year contract was cancelled at the end of the 2 years, and everything was done according to their instructions (twice).

Any ideas?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Trouble with WIND
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Are you sure the email isn't a scam? Don't reply to it, just in case.

Have they billed you? If not I wouldn't worry, if you do get billed,,take all your evidence back to the shop and ask them to sort it out for you.

In the end it may just be that someone has neglected to tick a box on their database.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

thediggers

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »
Afraid I have no or little helpful advice, but it is something I've read about often in the past about contracts here in Italy and how difficult they appear to be to get out of. It's the very thing putting us off going into any contract here and/or paying by DD. It might be worth searching the web for this type of problem or having a look at this prepaidGSM forum site to ask a wider more specific audience. I for one would be grateful to hear the (good hopefully) outcome. 

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »
Are you changing to another contract ? If so go along to Your new provider and let them sort it out. I did and it was no hassle at all. Other option is to register Your problem with the carabinieri you will be suprised what they get involved in.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Shebar

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
Afraid I have no or little helpful advice, but it is something I've read about often in the past about contracts here in Italy and how difficult they appear to be to get out of. It's the very thing putting us off going into any contract here and/or paying by DD. 

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  A friend, who speaks excellent Italian, got into a terrible mess trying to change phone provider, and it also took months to extract herself from a Sky TV contract.

I think most towns of any size have a CAF office (which is a bit like CAB in England) with professionals on hand to give advice on such matters.  (Hope I've got the initials right!!)

Offline Cassius

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »
Thanks for all the advice (and I am sure that there should be a CAF office in Pescara).  Unfortunately I got the e-mail today and tomorrow we are going back to the UK for a while to sort out property.

I guess I'll just have to hope this can be sorted out from the UK.  I just hope I don't get arrested on re-entry :-[

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:03 PM »
iam having the same probs with   tim   its vituly imposible to cansel  a contract or  get a straight answer to any thing  A3

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »
If you are out of contract and want to change to another provider using the same telephone nymber it is very easy, Your new company sort it out.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Cassius

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
If you are out of contract and want to change to another provider using the same telephone nymber it is very easy, Your new company sort it out.

All I want is to not be charged for a service I am not having - it sounds so simple........

Offline Shebar

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
We should have a board -

"it sounds so simple......"

..... phone contracts, getting rid of rubble, getting parcels delivered, signing up with a doctor, transferring a car to Italy, etc etc etc.........  Nothing seems to be very simple here in Italy, but our joint experience is a good resource, long may it continue.